The January Transfer Window - 2022

Lineker

Everton signing a few players in January is reminding me of how Rafa always bought in January as liverpool manager IIRC

In January windows he signed Martin Skrtel, Daniel Agger, Robbie Fowler, Craig Bellamy, Max Rodriguez, Alvaro Arbeloa, Javier Mascherano, Jan Kromkamp. All the greats.

Turns out Jamie Patterson, one of our star players this season, is refusing to feature for the Swans due to his contract situation. 

He's played 22 games since signing as a free agent, gets a one year extension on 25 games but isn't happy that his wage stays the same.

Rumours that we are going to recall Rhys Williams from Swansea which would suggest that the Bolton Baressi will be going. 

1 hour ago, My Chemical JeRomance said:

Arsenal have helped their lack of players crisis by releasing Kolasinac, who has now joined Marseilles.

Genuinely absurd that clubs are able to cancel games due to lack of players, then sell, loan and release players. It's such a ridiculous situation where the current Covid wave isn't deemed serious enough to even reduce attendances let alone go behind closed doors, but somehow squads are depleted by 30%-50%.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Colly said:

Genuinely absurd that clubs are able to cancel games due to lack of players, then sell, loan and release players. It's such a ridiculous situation where the current Covid wave isn't deemed serious enough to even reduce attendances let alone go behind closed doors, but somehow squads are depleted by 30%-50%.

I mean, we've recalled several loan players and most of our AFCON players have returned so at what point are we allowed to return to the transfer market? In the summer, or is that still too soon?

19 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Confirmed now. Step up from Jed Steer on the bench, and allows us to loan Sinisalo out, which is handy.

Enjoy a throughly mid-tier keeper than doesn't save quite as many as he should. :)

7 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I mean, we've recalled several loan players and most of our AFCON players have returned so at what point are we allowed to return to the transfer market? In the summer, or is that still too soon?

Nothing wrong with participating in the transfer market but outbound movement and "we don't have enough players" doesn't gel. Could always accept an automatic 3-0 loss instead?

I'm guessing that Kolasnic hasn't been a first-team regular for a while, and loanees tend to be youngsters, but that hasn't stopped most other PL clubs from fielding a complete team (even if 2 GKs on the bench has been a thing).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kaney said:

What @Naitch said. To call off a game because you can't pull a team together whilst near simultaneously letting Maitland-Niles out on loan is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Nothing wrong with participating in the transfer market but outbound movement and "we don't have enough players" doesn't gel. Could always accept an automatic 3-0 loss instead?

I'm guessing that Kolasnic hasn't been a first-team regular for a while, and loanees tend to be youngsters, but that hasn't stopped most other PL clubs from fielding a complete team (even if 2 GKs on the bench has been a thing).

But everyone's acting as though it's a fixed issue. The situation before the NLD and now has changed so why should it be outrageous that we've allowed a fringe player to leave after having first team players return? I think it would be outrageous to suggest Arsenal should accept a 3 nil loss when *19* other teams were allowed to postpone. Including Liverpool with their blatant lies about false positives. Burnley have got 6 games in hand. Why aren't they being offered 3-nil forfeits?

I agree 100% with what Colly said there, Maitland Niles going off was ridiculous decision. I have no issue letting our 4th place CB fuck off, but when we've got one senior midfielder available, that was absurd. But if the situation has changed I don't see why it's still a stick to beat the club with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1