The January Transfer Window - 2022

Lineker

It's pretty fucking mental how we can have probably the worst injury crisis in premier league history, know that we're at least one CM/AM (realistically both) short and have been for 2.5 years and yet our transfer dealings consist of one U23 striker in and one U23 right back out.

I get not buying for the sake of buying and "anyone coming in must improve us" but literally one injury to a player who isn't a central defender or Meslier and we play Tyler Roberts and that makes me want to punch kittens.

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

Chelsea's 'deadline day' activity has thus far involved an assistant coach departing to join Lampard at Everton. Riveting as always.

At least you guys have still got a full squad.

Can't believe I'm sitting here on deadline day reading about Auba flying himself to Barcelona to ask them to sign him, seeing that Pepe might be loaned to Lille, and having to hear about Aaron Ramsey moving to fucking rangers.

• Haha 1

Rooting for Dele to do well because I like him, though if he gets good again playing against him is going to be frustrating because when he's good he's annoying as fuck. Rooting for Ndombele to do well because it'll make getting rid of him easier and good lord do we absolutely have to get rid of him.

Betancur and Kulu seem like fine January signings. Neither is going to fully solve any problems but I can see what they could hypothetically offer and honestly, we need solid depth with the potential to become more. If Betancur could be relied upon as even a rotational starter so we don't run Hojbjerg into the ground like we did last season that would be great.

• Like 2

I'll be happy if Van De Beek and Dele sign, both will improve the midfield and are players surely motivated to prove themselves as Frank will be.

Meanwhile, Doncaster have signed Lyon striker Reo Griffiths, formerly a goal machine in the Spurs academy. Don't know if any of our Spurs contingent remember the buzz around him a couple of seasons ago? @Lineker @Jimmy

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'll be happy if Van De Beek and Dele sign, both will improve the midfield and are players surely motivated to prove themselves as Frank will be.

Meanwhile, Doncaster have signed Lyon striker Reo Griffiths, formerly a goal machine in the Spurs academy. Don't know if any of our Spurs contingent remember the buzz around him a couple of seasons ago? @Lineker @Jimmy

I feel like he is more than capable of being a good Football League player.

Lo Celso has been loaned out to Villarreal; as has Bryan Gil to Valencia.

4 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Chelsea's 'deadline day' activity has thus far involved an assistant coach departing to join Lampard at Everton. Riveting as always.

You're after Dembele off of Barcelona?

• Like 1