The January Transfer Window - 2022

Lineker

3 hours ago, Colly said:

Meanwhile Gabby Agbonlahor is baffled that Brentford didn't pay less for Newcastle's signings to poach them last minute.

Tbh if you compiled a list of all the things that baffle Gabby, you’d still be at it on deadline day in 2027. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

I'll be happy if Van De Beek and Dele sign, both will improve the midfield and are players surely motivated to prove themselves as Frank will be.

Meanwhile, Doncaster have signed Lyon striker Reo Griffiths, formerly a goal machine in the Spurs academy. Don't know if any of our Spurs contingent remember the buzz around him a couple of seasons ago? @Lineker @Jimmy

Was scoring for fun for our under 18's, felt like we'd lost a talent, but doesn't look like it's worked out for him in that same it has for Madueke. Hopefully does well. 

3 hours ago, Kyle. said:

Not convinced Dele Alli is the solution to any of our problems, but it's certainly not boring.

Dele's quality. His underlying numbers are still really good, he's just not been in favour for our past few managers and they can't find a system for him. I'm genuinely gonna be so sad to see him go - he's a great character and gave us loads of huge moments. I think you've got a bargain if the rumoured deal is true. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baddar said:

What a fucking shambles. Come the summer, we’d have lost just over £100m worth of strikers to leave for absolutely nothing. 

That’s before you remember we also lost a £42.5m Mesut Ozil for nothing and Aaron Ramsey for nothing and Alexis Sanchez for nothing. 

We need to not make these mistakes anymore - it’s beyond parody.

On 27/01/2022 at 22:23, Chris2K said:

This feels like one of the most dull transfer windows I can recall. Even the projected transfers don't feel like much other than Guimaraes.

I mean there's four days left to change my mind I guess.

Well today has very much changed my mind, not only with pretty much everything Spurs have done (I would like Gil to have stayed around but I guess he needs playing time), but this Aubameyang news is the comedy icing on the cake.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

If it makes you feel better every Stan Kroenke owned team tends to do something inexplicably dumb and risky and have it work out well for them in the end.

Do they though? Aren’t the Rapids shit? And the Nuggets also no good?

Not so sure about Avalanche. They used to be good in like 2000ish I think.

10 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Do they though? Aren’t the Rapids shit? And the Nuggets also no good?

Not so sure about Avalanche. They used to be good in like 2000ish I think.

Nuggets have the reigning league MVP and also just recently made their potentially catastrophic move, so time will tell. Rams have gone against every bit of conventional wisdom, traded away every draft pick under the sun, and are in the Super Bowl. Rapids, as mentioned, were great last year. Avalanche are a Stanley Cup contender (though there isn't a real catastrophic decision they've made so I digress).

My main point was based on the Rams advancing to the Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Jesus Christ wtf is Arsenal's transfer strategy this window. Just let half the team go and bring no one in.

Someone convinced them that postponed matches rollover into the next season. They're hoping to write off the rest of this season, play 55 league games next season and aim for 4th.

• Like 1