The January Transfer Window - 2022

Lineker

36 minutes ago, Kaney said:

But everyone's acting as though it's a fixed issue. The situation before the NLD and now has changed so why should it be outrageous that we've allowed a fringe player to leave after having first team players return? I think it would be outrageous to suggest Arsenal should accept a 3 nil loss when *19* other teams were allowed to postpone. Including Liverpool with their blatant lies about false positives. Burnley have got 6 games in hand. Why aren't they being offered 3-nil forfeits?

I agree 100% with what Colly said there, Maitland Niles going off was ridiculous decision. I have no issue letting our 4th place CB fuck off, but when we've got one senior midfielder available, that was absurd. But if the situation has changed I don't see why it's still a stick to beat the club with.

I mean if it was so blatant surely there'd be an investigation. Klopp has clearly been getting a red felt tip and marking all of the tests positive :shifty:

I just find it funny how we had players with covid missing for other games such as Tottenham etc and yet when the training grounds shut down because of a public health order and we make a request, Arsenal fans are suddenly cry arsing and yet when it came to the North London Derby, there was one covid positive and a few injuries and it's like we can't play. It's just turned into a pissing contest between fans. We've both just done it. 

Points deduction is a ridiculous suggestion. 

The whole few weeks has shown that there needs to be a tighter ruling over what criteria allows a game to be called off. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Kaney said:

But everyone's acting as though it's a fixed issue. The situation before the NLD and now has changed so why should it be outrageous that we've allowed a fringe player to leave after having first team players return? I think it would be outrageous to suggest Arsenal should accept a 3 nil loss when *19* other teams were allowed to postpone. Including Liverpool with their blatant lies about false positives. Burnley have got 6 games in hand. Why aren't they being offered 3-nil forfeits?

I agree 100% with what Colly said there, Maitland Niles going off was ridiculous decision. I have no issue letting our 4th place CB fuck off, but when we've got one senior midfielder available, that was absurd. But if the situation has changed I don't see why it's still a stick to beat the club with.

Has the situation changed? If the game on Sunday goes ahead then I suppose so, but otherwise we're still talking about a situation where a game was called off due to lack of players, in between letting more players go out. That's the difference for me, and while I acknowledge the leagues handling of the whole situation has been poor, you can't plead player poverty and let them leave at the same time.

Bit harsh on Burnley too, I think most of theirs were the other team having cases, and one was snow related!

On 19/01/2022 at 11:08, DavidMarrio said:

Rumours that we are going to recall Rhys Williams from Swansea which would suggest that the Bolton Baressi will be going. 

Yup, Williams has been recalled. I don't want to be harsh on a young player but he was dreadful, and actually outpaced by Andy Carroll.

2 hours ago, Gorka said:

Yup, Williams has been recalled. I don't want to be harsh on a young player but he was dreadful, and actually outpaced by Andy Carroll.

Yeah I'd been seeing that he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire and tbh not surprised about being outpaced. Him and Nat whilst they heroically over peformed at times together, it was quite possibly the slowest centre back partnership I've seen. 

Shame for him really, was hoping he'd kick on. 

• Admin

Manchester City are close to signing the Argentina forward Julián Álvarez from River Plate, although the 21-year-old would not move to England until June at the earliest.

Negotiations are continuing, with City offering €16m (£13.4m) plus add-ons and River wanting a guarantee of at least €21m, but there is optimism at the Premier League club that an agreement will be struck.

River would like to keep Álvarez, who came through their youth teams, until June or even November, when the World Cup starts in Qatar. The likeliest outcome is that he would stay until June, although City could also choose to loan him elsewhere.

Personal terms will not be an issue and City are ready to provide a five-year contract for a player who got his club debut in October 2018 and won the first of his five caps in June 2021. Álvarez can play as a winger or more centrally.

Manchester United have been widely linked with Álvarez, who has a €25m release clause, but have not been in talks to sign him.

On 17/01/2022 at 16:15, Szumi - A Polack said:

Christian Eriksen is apparently in talks with Brentford about signing a six month contract with them

Please no. I hate the Benham clubs enough as it is. 

Robin Olsen to Villa makes sense. Villas Director of Football is Johan Lange who used to be assistant to Ståle Solbakken (remember him Wolves?) at Copenhagen, and Robin Olsen have never managed to replicate the success he had there.