The January Transfer Window - 2022

Lineker

From the outside given I don't watch Villa regularly, given what I know of Phil and his ability I think it's a good pick up for Villa. 

I always thought it was a bit of a mad signing for Barca for how much they paid given the players they had in the positions Coutinho could play in. He's not his the form that he did when he was at us but you don't just lose it completely. 

@Cymbols you'll clearly know more about where he'd potentially fit in or if it's the type of signing you need at the time. 

3 minutes ago, Colly said:

Trippier ecstatic about signing for Kayak.

Do you think he realised he missed the badge completely. 

16 minutes ago, Lineker said:

That was all lovely until they put that starting lineup at the end which featured Ritchie in a back 4 and no Joelinton. Also that guys voice is really annoying.

4 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

From the outside given I don't watch Villa regularly, given what I know of Phil and his ability I think it's a good pick up for Villa. 

I always thought it was a bit of a mad signing for Barca for how much they paid given the players they had in the positions Coutinho could play in. He's not his the form that he did when he was at us but you don't just lose it completely. 

@Cymbols you'll clearly know more about where he'd potentially fit in or if it's the type of signing you need at the time. 

Do you think he realised he missed the badge completely. 

3 hours ago, Benjamin said:

I like Coutinho to Villa, but did they need another attacker? Felt like that’s the department they’re the most loaded in. 

Yeah I mean it wasn’t a priority position, CB and LB are more pressing for sure. But, if a player this good is available, you don’t turn it down. 

And I mean, we are fairly stacked in this position, but even a Coutinho not at his best is better than Trezeguet, El Ghazi and Bertrand Traore. Plus Leon Bailey is injured, and I don’t know if there’s an estimated return date for him any time soon.

Sounds like the finances on the deal are quite favourable too. The percentage of wages puts him at roughly the same as we were paying Ross Barkley, and there’s an option, rather than an obligation, to buy for £33m in the summer. 

I don't see any world Villa pay this fee in the summer, no matter how well he might do. That's too high a fee for Coutinho given his wages + how's badly Barca want him gone.

I genuinely hope he tears it up again though. Wish only great things for him