The January Transfer Window - 2022

Lineker

9 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Just want us to sign someone, fuckin hell. If we finish this window having twerked all month over Vlahovic and do nothing except sell Chambers and buy some MLS keeper, that's a horrific window.

Now now, you also got rid of Kolasinac and Maitland-Niles.

9 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

Just because Badzyboy says it doesn't make it okay.

Damn it. Minus one to Kaney. And baddar.

3 minutes ago, My Chemical JeRomance said:

Now now, you also got rid of Kolasinac and Maitland-Niles.

Yeah, I mean I'm glad to be getting rid of dead weight but after the postponement fiasco I really hoped we'd have done something by now.

59 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

This feels like one of the most dull transfer windows I can recall. Even the projected transfers don't feel like much other than Guimaraes.

I mean there's four days left to change my mind I guess.

I dunno man, I’ve enjoyed it.

RE Douglas Luiz to Arsenal, I think the only way it happens is if the Bentancur deal happens first (which I doubt), or if Arsenal pay way over the odds (which could happen in all fairness).

Villa have opened new contract talks with him, and he’s just started dating one of the women’s team players, so I’m leaning towards thinking that he’ll be staying.

Interesting player though, isn’t good enough defensively as a 6, but isn’t as good as McGinn or Ramsey as an 8. But, our midfield also seems to perform worse without him. Arsenal fans: what do you actually need in terms of a new midfielder out of interest?

2 hours ago, Cymbols said:

I dunno man, I’ve enjoyed it.

RE Douglas Luiz to Arsenal, I think the only way it happens is if the Bentancur deal happens first (which I doubt), or if Arsenal pay way over the odds (which could happen in all fairness).

Villa have opened new contract talks with him, and he’s just started dating one of the women’s team players, so I’m leaning towards thinking that he’ll be staying.

Interesting player though, isn’t good enough defensively as a 6, but isn’t as good as McGinn or Ramsey as an 8. But, our midfield also seems to perform worse without him. Arsenal fans: what do you actually need in terms of a new midfielder out of interest?

A long-term replacement for Xhaka really. I think we need a player that get be the link in midfield, someone that will drop deep to collect from defenders and distribute. I haven't seen enough of Luiz to be fair so not sure what sort of player he is. Someone who is agile enough to beat the press too. Does that sound like him?

Yeah we've been linked with him for some time but I'd still be surprised if we get him this transfer window just because. Paul Joyce is pretty reliable when it comes to Liverpool information and a few other reliable journos are reporting it as well. 

I do wonder if this means there will be some outgoings i.e Nat Phillips and Neco Williams being the most likely.

18 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Must be a big deal if Liverpool are doing a January transfer.

Not Steven Caulker big but big.

I think our interest has made you act now? That's what I've gathered from reading. 

We're in a weird position, Conte has made it clear he wants to get rid of our three most creative midfielders (Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele), and so far we've been linked to a safety first out of favour midfielder in Amrabat, and lost out on Adama and Diaz. A bit worrying. 

56 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I think our interest has made you act now? That's what I've gathered from reading. 

We're in a weird position, Conte has made it clear he wants to get rid of our three most creative midfielders (Ndombele, Lo Celso, Dele), and so far we've been linked to a safety first out of favour midfielder in Amrabat, and lost out on Adama and Diaz. A bit worrying. 

It probably has tbh. There's always the joke with Liverpool fans of us monitoring someone for ages so I wouldn't be surprised. We do need another quality option in the forward line. I also expect Origi will go end of the season so we'd need another forward option. 

The thing I understood with Traore was he wasn't interested in playing RWB? 

Even planning on doing the medical in South America over the break apparently. This feels like a replacement for Mane, either to sell him in the summer or on a free in 18 months. He's very much a left inside forward type player.

Vlahovic, Bruno, and Adama all undergoing medicals today too

12 hours ago, FLiam said:

A long-term replacement for Xhaka really. I think we need a player that get be the link in midfield, someone that will drop deep to collect from defenders and distribute. I haven't seen enough of Luiz to be fair so not sure what sort of player he is. Someone who is agile enough to beat the press too. Does that sound like him?

As long as he’s got a CDM behind him, he’d do that job quite well I think.