General Movie Thread 2022

RPS

On 06/02/2022 at 14:34, Krabby said:

Just watched The Mitchells vs The Machines and I cant think of the last movie that I ugly cried and belly laughed so much at, just awesome and fun

i-feel-emotion-the-mitchells-vs-the-mach

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got to see Licorice Pizza on 35mm last night which was pretty fantastic, worked perfectly for a film set in the 70s (I believe was also filmed in 35mm too, and not a digital manipulation). Really great film with some fantastic performances especially the two leads and an hilariously psychotic performance by Bradley Cooper.

4 hours ago, K said:

the skit that opens this is unwatchable.

I thought I did the link so it skipped that

Looks like it could be fun!

2 hours ago, Octavius Shitwagon said:

Being reported that Ivan Reitman has passed away at age 75. 

Really sad when I read that earlier. :crying:

If it helps, he at least got to work with his son before he passed away (Ghostbusters Afterlife spoiler):

Spoiler

That was actually Ivan Reitman playing Egon at the beginning! 

And according to imdb.com, he had two movies that he was going to direct in pre-production. 

(I really need to go watch DAVE and STRIPES, my two favorite non-Ghostbusters movies he directed.....)

Out of respect for Ivan Reitman they should not make the Twins sequel he was apparently going to direct.

Humanity would benefit from that not existing.

The only "Twins" movie I want to see is another Major League movie, with Roger Dorn somehow still owning the Minnesota Twins. And no one from Back To The Minors involved , except maybe Walton Goggins' character now a hitting coach.

I'm...not sure how I feel about this...

I kind of love the whole concept of it and the fact that the Lonely Island are involved gives me a spark of hope. I've liked a number of things they were involved in and if this is closer to Popstar than it is to, say, The Watch, I'll be pleased with it. 

Also, Tress MacNeille and Corey Burton are in it!

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe :

"In perhaps the dumbest space movie ever made, Beavis and Butt-Head are sentenced to Space Camp by a 'creative' judge in 1998. Their obsession with a docking simulator (huh huh) leads to a trip on the Space Shuttle, with predictably disastrous results. After going through a black hole, they reemerge in our time, where they look for love, misuse iPhones, and are hunted by the Deep State. Spoiler: They don’t score."

16 hours ago, Octavius Shitwagon said:

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe :

I've been wondering how they were going to handle the change in era's. I really like this idea and feel like it could be a ton of fun.

I'm just excited to have Beavis and Butt-Head back. Even the revival season was good, despite missing out on a large chunk of what made the original run work so well. I trust Mike Judge knows what he's doing here, and I'm ready for more.

On 16/02/2022 at 03:52, Lint said:

I'm...not sure how I feel about this...

Not sure if that looks awesomely stupid or stupidly awesome. 

58 minutes ago, CobraKaiEnTai said:

Not sure if that looks awesomely stupid or stupidly awesome. 

I think it looks awesome, its the voices of Chip and Dale that are throwing me off...though if there is a joke that the "chipmunk" voices were purely for the show, I think I could deal with it.

I also noticed the trailer didn't feature Gadget...she awoke strange things in me...:shifty:

d953a61e8112ff4446074ea4c7502e0e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lint said:

I think it looks awesome, its the voices of Chip and Dale that are throwing me off...though if there is a joke that the "chipmunk" voices were purely for the show, I think I could deal with it.

The fact one of chip and dale sounds exactly like a character from Big Mouth is what i find off putting

• Like 1