General Movie Thread 2022

RPS

Tress MacNeille (original voice of Gadget) is listed in the cast, so I kinda wonder if maybe she'll be reprising the role. 

Tress can pretty much still do her old character voices so I can see that. That trailer has some jokes that I think are pretty funny but on the whole it feels a bit like empty calories, meta for meta's sake, and the fact that John Mulaney can pretty much only play himself doesn't really help.

8 hours ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

Death on the Nile was better than I thought it would be even if it was filled with some overacting from the likes of Branagh, Gadot and Hammer.

How would you compare it to Orient Express?  I thought that movie went way too far in "look at how quirky Hercule is!"

Just now, Lint said:

How would you compare it to Orient Express?  I thought that movie went way too far in "look at how quirky Hercule is!"

It does the same thing in this one but like I kind of love it so I might not be the best judge of that.

My kids were away Saturday and Sunday night, so we watched two movies.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople: what a fun movie. It definitely was structuring itself as an action movie, sacrificing plot for character growth and moment to moment satisfaction. It was a great turn your mind off and enjoy movie.

Barb and Star Go To Vista Del Mar: what a shame this movie did not get more attention. A perfect movie, in my opinion. It mixes the best parts of a Wes Anderson movie and SNL comedies like Austin Powers and Wayne's World. So absurd. Don't watch a trailer or get any spoilers: go in blind like I did. 

• Like 2

On 19/02/2022 at 23:04, Benjamin said:

I always found the whole point of Hercule Poirot was to be OTT and quirky.

Death on the Nile wasn’t bad, the whole melodramatic acting is essential to movies like this, isn’t it? 

Yeah I wouldn't watch a Hercule Poirot murder mystery unless everything was just a tad hammed up.

You're dealing with something serious (murder) but the drama isn't supposed to be too sincere or serious since at the end it's about the mystery, not the murder.

For people who say "RedLetterMedia just hates everything", the Mike and Jay Talk About...series, as well as their Re:View series, are when the RLM guys just sit down and talk about movies or streaming series they love

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Josh said:

Tubi has Pro Wrestlers vs. Zombies. Is this the kind of terrible I want to see or just cringe? Or boring?

Shane Douglas is the main character. And all I really remember from it is that the whole reason they have to fight zombies is because a man was murdered by piledriver. 

4 hours ago, Cornelius Weinerbottom said:

Shane Douglas is the main character. And all I really remember from it is that the whole reason they have to fight zombies is because a man was murdered by piledriver. 

Okay so fuck that.

• Like 1

This is an incredibly lame "old man confused by modern things" question, but Spiderman NWH is out on streaming now but not out physically til early April. Does anywhere do like a combination, or a pre order thing so I could watch it now and get the Blu Ray still?

Or am I just being a Luddite and should I just get it digitally anyway?