General Movie Thread 2022

RPS

On 12/03/2022 at 13:59, Cornelius Weinerbottom said:

Shane Douglas is the main character. And all I really remember from it is that the whole reason they have to fight zombies is because a man was murdered by piledriver. 

And Kurt Angle puts an ankle lock on a zombie, only for its foot to come off.

3 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

Watching Jackass Forever. It really brings me back to my teenage years. It's still dumb and silly, but fun. 

I went and saw it in the theater.  I've been a person who's been saying "I don't care if theaters die.  I get a better experience at home."

Yea..no.  Jackass Forever is a movie I was seriously glad I saw it in a theater with other people.  It made the experience so much better.

And yes "Its still dumb and silly, but fun" can pretty much be a catch phrase for Jackass.

The digital and Blu-Ray release will have 40 extra minutes of footage...so dammit I'm gonna buy that

• Like 2

The Director's Guild of America is telling its members not to work on Oak, a low-budget film being shot in Georgia. 

The film’s producers, Thomasville Pictures, is one of the companies involved in the ill-fated production of Rust, whose cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was accidentally shot to death while filming in New Mexico last October.

The Hollywood Reporter, which broke the story, noted that following the DGA’s order, director Shane Drake dropped out of the Oak project and been replaced by executive producer Kevin Lewis.

SAG-AFTRA says it’s “keeping a close eye on the production,” which reportedly ran afoul of the DGA after a stunt was performed without a stunt coordinator present.

• 2 weeks later...

Metal Lords on Netflix was a ton of fun. In a lot of ways, it felt like my high school experience, and the soundtrack was absolute fire. Just a really cool look at metalheads trying to break out, with characters who react realistically to what's going on in their lives.

26 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

Metal Lords on Netflix was a ton of fun. In a lot of ways, it felt like my high school experience, and the soundtrack was absolute fire. Just a really cool look at metalheads trying to break out, with characters who react realistically to what's going on in their lives.

yeah i liked it

put the soundtrack on while i was out today

33 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Has anyone seen Everything, Everywhere, All At Once?

The trailer has me mega hyped, it looks amazing - but does it live up to the hype?

It absolutely does. Oscar-quality everything and just a ton of fucking fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Production of the film Being Mortal, starring the likes of Keke Palmer, Seth Rogen, and Bill Murray, has been suspended. Searchlight Pictures is investigating allegations of inappropriate behavior on set by Murray. 

Justin Lin's stepped down as director of the next Fast & Furious movie, but will stay on as a producer. Supposedly his leaving that position is due to how difficult working with Vin Diesel is.