General Movie Thread 2022

RPS

Resident Evil Welcome to Raccoon City was one of the worst movies I have ever watched. It was just nonsensical. It served as a backstory for five characters from the video games. It was not even funny enough to laugh at. 

58 minutes ago, RPS said:

Resident Evil Welcome to Raccoon City was one of the worst movies I have ever watched. It was just nonsensical. It served as a backstory for five characters from the video games. It was not even funny enough to laugh at. 

I never fall asleep during movies that I am watching for the first time. Never.

I fell asleep during the new Resident Evil movie. It's utter garbage. They said all the right things about taking it back to the horror roots, but they delivered an uninspired and completely lifeless film that makes the Jovovich Saga look like a work of art. (Spoiler: it isn't.)

Peter Bogdanovich died. Admittedly, I've only really ever seen Mask. I became mostly familiar with him through his relationship with Orson Welles and the final release of The Otherside of the Wind. Which he was fantastic in.

Doesn't matter how old I am, Jackass will always entertain me

32 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

It looks dumb but fun!

Basically the tagline of Jackass

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the greatest Christmas movies ever is getting a sequel! (No, they're not making another Die Hard.)

A Christmas Story Christmas is going to be about a grown up Ralphie in the 1970's, and it is going to be Peter Billingsley is going to be playing Ralphie.

(Since Darren McGavin is long dead, is it wrong that I hope that the "Old Man" died via either electrocution from that ugly ass leg lamp OR Red Ryder BB gun?)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

So I saw Sing 2 today.

Second time seeing it actually. 

First my daughter and I saw it over Christmas break. Then today me and all three of the kids saw it.

It's a really fun movie.

I saw it a couple of days after it came out, along with my wife, stepson and his girlfriend. The wife, however, didn't realize 

Spoiler

Clay Calloway was Bono, until he finally came out and sang with Ash. 

I liked it just as much, if not more, than the first. Can't see a reason to do a Sing 3, but I hope they do. 

14 hours ago, Krabby said:

Just watched Encanto and good gravy, if you haven't watched it, go watch it like right now.

Damn good movie, which I highly recommend.

Two of the songs from it are apparently doing well on the charts, too. 

Spoiler

The Family Madrigal and We Don't Talk About Bruno.

• Like 1

Just got back from Jackass Forever.  Haven't had a good laugh like that in a long time

• Like 1

@Ruki Returns in the movie the rock trolls believe they are the best trolls so they try to convert everyone to rock music. The pop trolls, the protagonist, doubt this threat until it's too late and they almost create a zombie rock world. But the pop troll had love in her heart so she converted the rock troll away from her evil ways.