MLB 2022

The Buscher

Kershaw is a team player and saying the right thing to protect his manager and the organization, and to prevent it from getting blown up any further.  It’s also pretty clear they pre-planned his exit since the entire bench was shaking hands with him as soon as he got to the dugout after the 7th.

But no matter what he says publicly, I don’t buy for a second that he’s actually happy he was pulled.  But I don’t think there’s a pitcher in the league who could talk their way back into a game this early in the season.  Still a shitty look for the game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Toe said:

And he hit (I believe) two of those dingers after having a gash opened on his finger that required stitches post-game.

If this is the movie, Vlad is clearly looking to sweep the Oscars. What a start from the guy this year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

And he hit (I believe) two of those dingers after having a gash opened on his finger that required stitches post-game.

If this is the movie, Vlad is clearly looking to sweep the Oscars. What a start from the guy this year.

The whole offence has started out strong. I just hope Teoscar isn't out for a long time with whatever injury he picked up last night. When he is on, he's just as dangerous as anyone else in the Jays line-up.

• Like 1

About as beautiful of a day for baseball in New York as it could’ve been.  Picture perfect weather.  Everyone wearing #42 for Jackie Robinson Day.  Tom Seaver statue finally unveiled outside of Citi Field.

Mets nailed their Opening Day ceremonies with tributes to Seaver, Jackie, and a touching In Memoriam to those that were lost in the baseball world to the past year.  And then the Mets win in a blowout with Lindor hitting 2 dingers.

• Like 2

Joe Maddon ordered an intentional walk on Corey Seager with the bases loaded, while the Angels were already losing.  And it was only the 4th inning, way too early to make that sort of a drastic move.  Oh and they proceeded to give up 2 more runs in the inning anyway.

Maddon has jumped the shark and should probably retire.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, damhausen said:

One of the worst umped games ever fittingly ended with the Orioles beating the Yankees on a walk off walk.

Boone lost his damn mind after the game ended. Can't say I blame him though I did enjoy watching it.

Just remember: Every time the Yankees win a game, a kitten goes to Hell.

John Means is likely out for the year/headed for Tommy John. Not an ideal situation but this team sucks anyway. Now it'll be fun to watch them have a revolving door of absolute hot garbage take his spot in the rotation until they finally feel like calling up Grayson Rodriguez. Case in point:

20 hours ago, damhausen said:

John Means is likely out for the year/headed for Tommy John. Not an ideal situation but this team sucks anyway. Now it'll be fun to watch them have a revolving door of absolute hot garbage take his spot in the rotation until they finally feel like calling up Grayson Rodriguez. Case in point:

Means kept popping up in trade rumors this offseason but the O's were (understandably) asking a lot for a guy with 3 years of control left, and now based on today's typical recovery times he'll be out until, at best, late 2023.  Very unfortunate.

If there's any solace, Means could be returning to a very different roster when he gets back, a roster that includes the top prospects hopefully playing well enough that 2024 can become the first year in a long while that O's fans feel they can have some hope.

25 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Means kept popping up in trade rumors this offseason but the O's were (understandably) asking a lot for a guy with 3 years of control left, and now based on today's typical recovery times he'll be out until, at best, late 2023.  Very unfortunate.

If there's any solace, Means could be returning to a very different roster when he gets back, a roster that includes the top prospects hopefully playing well enough that 2024 can become the first year in a long while that O's fans feel they can have some hope.

I, and other fans, expected a definite Mancini trade in July and very possibly a Means trade if a team came in with a good enough offer. Obviously that is off the table, and it's going to make the Mancini trade sting even more than it will since he might be the only guy getting traded (besides 1 or 2 anonymous relievers where our return will be AAAA players). 

Some people want us to move Mullins and "sell high" on a 30/30 player but he's not a free agent until 2026 so he could really be there for the first 1 or 2 years of competitive baseball and maybe even get a good contract extension before then if he has another strong season this year.