Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

5 years ago I'd have laughed if you'd told me that the remainder of our transfer business depended on Barcelona and AC Milan fucking about over a couple of million. 

Apparently we've got a verbal agreement with Barcelona for Raphinha, 55 million (presumably less the balance of Firpo) in 3 installments plus 8 million in realistic add ons. Although knowing those chancer cunts, the official offer will end up being less and we're back to square one.

Hopefully it gets resolved quickly and we can wang another couple of million on the De Ketelaear fee so Milan definitely can't afford him, sign a veteran keeper as backup and we can call it a day.

As I said before, Barcelona will pull the money out of some crevice or other. The question is at what point Leeds forego their understandable concerns of how unreliable these promises of future installments/etc. are, and just decide to take the plunge.

I reckon as long as we get enough up front to cover De Ketelaear (or a similarly priced alternative) we'll take it. Assuming we had somewhere in the region of 70m to spend before player sales as rumoured and assuming we owe around 5m for Firpo, that'd mean we probably need around 25-30m up front, which sounds plausible. 30m up front and 2x10m installments.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I reckon as long as we get enough up front to cover De Ketelaear (or a similarly priced alternative) we'll take it. Assuming we had somewhere in the region of 70m to spend before player sales as rumoured and assuming we owe around 5m for Firpo, that'd mean we probably need around 25-30m up front, which sounds plausible. 30m up front and 2x10m installments.

Do you think he ends up at Leeds? From every account I've heard from, his interest in Leeds is bare minimum, and he only wants Milan 

4 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Do you think he ends up at Leeds? From every account I've heard from, his interest in Leeds is bare minimum, and he only wants Milan 

Probably not but I don't think it's out of the question. Very similar to the Raphinha situation really, we have an offer on the table that's accepted, he wants Milan but will probably join us if Milan don't pay up as opposed to staying at Brugge. If Milan meet the asking price though, he goes there 100%

• Thanks 1

Conflicting rumours circulating that Raph to Barca is a done deal and also we're refusing to accept their formal offer.

Honestly just get it done now, getting sick of these potless chancers disrupting our pre-season. Either accept what they've offered or tell them to go forth and multiply and Raph has the choice of staying or joining Chelsea.

Absolutely horrible business selling our two best players for less than £100m but hopefully our buys make up for it. Whatever, at least it's fucking over with.

Move on, sign a striker and put Harrison, Meslier, Geldhart and Struijk on five year contracts so we don't get our arse bitten again

28 minutes ago, Lineker said:

I know we're supposedly due to announce Sterling this week, and apparently he's literally already en route to join the team for pre-season in the States, but I'd find it hilarious if Koulibaly somehow becomes our first major signing after all the other names Chelsea have been linked to this summer.

There have been so many "Look! A random person wearing a Chelsea shirt in the United States!" posts from the club over the past week that I completely failed to register that was Sterling at first.

• Haha 3