Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

I hope Haaland goes to Bayern or La Liga. I cannot be bothered with him going to City whatsoever. 

44 minutes ago, Baddar said:

We're constantly being linked with Rudiger too, which makes sense as he's out of contract, and chances are we'll offer more than any other club.

Should definitely go in for him. Such a good defender. I hate the fact we've gotta play against him one more time this season. Always has Salah in his back pocket. 

• Like 1

I've seen Haaland to City coming for a while. Frightening prospect really, they're good enough without one of the best forwards in the world.

Nkunku is another player we're linked with as a Pogba replacement, but I can't say I watch Leipzig to comment.

37 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I've seen Haaland to City coming for a while. Frightening prospect really, they're good enough without one of the best forwards in the world.

Nkunku is another player we're linked with as a Pogba replacement, but I can't say I watch Leipzig to comment.

Nkunku is great, but he’s finding more and more joy as a forward these days. Wouldn’t be a like for like replacement for Pogba, and probably wouldn’t tighten up United’s midfield tbh. Hell of a player though.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

We're constantly being linked with Rudiger too, which makes sense as he's out of contract, and chances are we'll offer more than any other club.

Dunno, I can think of a couple of wealthy types...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Cymbols said:

Nkunku is great, but he’s finding more and more joy as a forward these days. Wouldn’t be a like for like replacement for Pogba, and probably wouldn’t tighten up United’s midfield tbh. Hell of a player though.

Nkunku is life.

1 hour ago, 9 to 5 said:

Nkunku is life.

He’s not as much of a boy as Szoboszlai, but it’s pretty damn close. Incidentally, I can finally spell that without googling it, so Sod’s law he’ll be off come summer.

Nkunku is absolute class, but he's not even really a CM/8. He's been playing his best as essentially a second striker/free roaming attacker. He's definitely been amazing this season, but I'm not sure he would be a great fit at United... but United are such a crap shoot right now it's really hard to predict anything. I just think he would struggle to excel in an XI with Bruno and Ronaldo.

Biggest problem the last few years with United has seemed to be signing players based on them being really good vs them addressing needs and being a fit. Nkunku doesn't really change that unless they make other corresponding moves to sell certain players.

Excited to have the conversation again next summer about how they could really use a proper defensive midfielder.

• Admin

Declan Rice has turned down a third offer of a new contract from West Ham and is open to a summer transfer.

The midfielder has no intention of extending his stay on the terms being offered but understands that the club do not want to sell and will not allow his commitment or professionalism to drop.

A number of clubs including Manchester United are interested in Rice but West Ham’s manager, David Moyes, said this month that “£150 million just now would be the minimum, but he is not for sale. What I do know is that it means there are only certain clubs that could even consider it.”

United would not pay that for the 23-year-old, even though he is their No 1 target in that position. Chelsea have a longstanding interest but their transfer policy will be shaped by the new owners and although Manchester City want a midfielder it will be difficult for them to consider Rice if they land Erling Haaland from Borussia Dortmund in another costly deal.

Rice has been at West Ham since 2014, after leaving Chelsea’s academy, and with his contract running to 2024 and the club having an option to extend for a further year the owners do not feel under pressure to sell.