Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

5 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Is it really a boring formality when there's been 3 or fewer points in it right up until May?

Not saying it won't get there, but we're not there yet.

Yeah, I read that City are closing in on a fourth Premier League title in five years, which sounds tremendously dull, but I feel like most of those seasons have involved a close fight with Liverpool. Those two are incredible teams at the moment and seeing them go up against one another is really good, like the old days of Man Utd v Arsenal under Ferguson and Wenger. It doesn't feel boring, and that's as someone who doesn't like either club and would happily jettison the Premier League into space.

32 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Is it really a boring formality when there's been 3 or fewer points in it right up until May?

Not saying it won't get there, but we're not there yet.

A good point. I'd say the challenges from Liverpool have prevented us from having an uninterrupted 5 year reign by City. At the same time the gulf between those two and everyone else is very wide. So the chases between the top two are intriguing, but it feels much more like Bayern and Dortmund at the start of the 2010s. It's just a matter of when City finally pull away. I'd expect when this era is all said and done with they'll have won perhaps 7 or 8 of the last 10 Premier League titles. 

I suppose a comparable stretch of 5 years might be 2006-2011, where Man Utd won all except 2010, but battled with Chelsea (and briefly Liverpool) throughout.

What I'm saying of course is don't worry, Newcastle are winning the league next year. :shifty:

• Like 1

I can't wait for Pep to overthink the next champions league final he's in by playing and dropping Haaland. 

I just hate the ethics and the blatant financial doping of Man City. I get they've got the money but the lying about sponsorships etc to make the books look better it's just like meh you're achievements don't mean much to me.

Pep moaning how people keep talking about Liverpool just makes me laugh. Reason is people have an opinion on us and no one has one about Man City, they're just the oil state backed plastic team who go out and throw money at anything. Man City are the epitome of 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, FLiam said:

I do like the Sky article “How does Haaland fit in at City?”.

Easy - up front and banging in a load of goals.

It's pretty clear after watching them on Sunday that the thing they are lacking is goals.

54 minutes ago, Adam said:

Yeah, I read that City are closing in on a fourth Premier League title in five years, which sounds tremendously dull, but I feel like most of those seasons have involved a close fight with Liverpool. Those two are incredible teams at the moment and seeing them go up against one another is really good, like the old days of Man Utd v Arsenal under Ferguson and Wenger. It doesn't feel boring, and that's as someone who doesn't like either club and would happily jettison the Premier League into space.

For the last few years, I've found the scramble of several teams falling over each other trying to finish 3rd/4th has been much more interesting. Chelsea being consistently involved in that certainly helps, which is probably also why I've been much more invested in the FA Cup than the Premier League for the last 2 seasons.

1 minute ago, DavidMarrio said:

I can't wait for Pep to overthink the next champions league final he's in by playing and dropping Haaland. 

I just hate the ethics and the blatant financial doping of Man City. I get they've got the money but the lying about sponsorships etc to make the books look better it's just like meh you're achievements don't mean much to me.

Pep moaning how people keep talking about Liverpool just makes me laugh. Reason is people have an opinion on us and no one has one about Man City, they're just the oil state backed plastic team who go out and throw money at anything. Man City are the epitome of 🤷‍♂️

100% agree with this. I have absolutely no emotions towards Man City other than apathy whereas I can't stand Liverpool. Pep's statement that everyone wants Liverpool to win the league was astoundingly oblivious to the fact that Everton and Chelsea fans exist. I'm sure there are even Man Utd fans who are divided in a situation like this where, perhaps, they're more emotionally invested in their rivalry with Liverpool than Man City for historical reasons. This poll on BBC Football shows that Pep was talking out of his ass (spoilered for size):

Spoiler

image.png

14 minutes ago, Naitch said:

100% agree with this. I have absolutely no emotions towards Man City other than apathy whereas I can't stand Liverpool. Pep's statement that everyone wants Liverpool to win the league was astoundingly oblivious to the fact that Everton and Chelsea fans exist. I'm sure there are even Man Utd fans who are divided in a situation like this where, perhaps, they're more emotionally invested in their rivalry with Liverpool than Man City for historical reasons. This poll on BBC Football shows that Pep was talking out of his ass (spoilered for size):

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

I think that's Peps biggest issue, he's wants folks to have an opinion about City like everyone does with Liverpool, but everyone is just apathetic towards them as they bought their way into recent history and now expect the historical clout as other teams are seen with. It does amuse me though how much Liverpool do now live in Pep's head rent free.

People talking about Haaland being flop are mainly wishfully thinking I think.

He’s surely almost guaranteed to score at least 20 league goals next season, provided he stays fit. I wouldn’t say he exactly fits the style that City play but they will adapt and he will get plenty of chances to score. Can’t see him being anything other than a success.

2 hours ago, Naitch said:

For the last few years, I've found the scramble of several teams falling over each other trying to finish 3rd/4th has been much more interesting. Chelsea being consistently involved in that certainly helps, which is probably also why I've been much more invested in the FA Cup than the Premier League for the last 2 seasons.

Reveal hidden contents

The issue man city have really is not that many people care about them.

Ive believe man city news stories arent as big for clicks as Liverpool or Man Utd or Arsenal.

I dont even think EWBs resident Man City fan really posts anymore?

• Like 1

Yeah I think you’re right. I generally pick up indifference to Man City, and as a dominant team they never seem to have been hated in the way that Liverpool or United* were hated. Which is odd when you think about how they obtained their money. My theory is that lame pale blue colour they have. It’s hard to feel strongly about anyone wearing that colour.

*just doing this to trigger people

Unless you're from Manchester, if I ever see anyone claim to be a Man City fan, I will pretty much never believe them if they say they're a fan from before the takeover. They're just plastics.