Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

Jesse Lingard isn't worth half that. I can't believe he found a club willing to pay him astronomical wages when he's spent all summer trying to find someone too. He clearly doesn't care about playing competitively, he just wants money. I've lost a lot of respect for him this summer. I get it, last contract yadda yadda yadda, but let's not act like he isn't already making millions a year.

There does seem to be massive differences in his quoted wages between sources. I've seen as low as 80k a week quoted.

I’d be intrigued to know the length of the contract.

There’s no transfer fee and Lingard showed at West Ham he can still go (although a season has passed since then). They could have signed someone for £20m on £50k a week and it would work out at a pretty similar number over 3 years.

If Forest have any sense they’ll have big relegation clauses in there to protect themselves.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Supposedly a 1 year deal. 

I think I’d make that signing if I was them.

It either works out and he becomes an integral piece as they survive, or it doesn’t and they ditch him at the end of the year. £10m this year with no subsequent risk if they are relegated is fine.

2 hours ago, Twist said:

I’d be intrigued to know the length of the contract.

There’s no transfer fee and Lingard showed at West Ham he can still go (although a season has passed since then). They could have signed someone for £20m on £50k a week and it would work out at a pretty similar number over 3 years.

If Forest have any sense they’ll have big relegation clauses in there to protect themselves.

At the quoted £200k it might be worth it on pure maths, but the fact that he'd be on at least double any of his team mates surely makes that a complete disaster? It's one thing if Messi comes in but it's only Lingard. Jack Colback would be fuming.

On 20/07/2022 at 10:23, Matt said:

Milan execs flying out to Brugges today to try and get a deal done for CDK. Not sure the answer of 37 million or fuck off will sound different in person to over the phone but at least we should soon know whether CDK is the greatest prospect in world football or a shit cunt that we didn't want anyway

So it seems like this went as follows.

Milan: we will offer you 32m

Brugges: no, the asking price is 37m. Leeds have already bid that 

Milan: how about 32m?

Brugges: no.

Milan: what if we offered 32m

Brugges: no.

Milan: okay well, we've got to go now, promising negotiations though, we'll submit our final offer by the end of the week

*Milan offer 32m*

So apparently Barcelona are finding the money for all this nonsense by selling another chunk of future TV rights. I.e financing a season’s worth of transfer expenditure (that will, knowing Barcelona, probably end up being shite) by signing away a chunk of their income for the next 25 years. What a clown club, almost makes Man Utd look well run.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

So apparently Barcelona are finding the money for all this nonsense by selling another chunk of future TV rights. I.e financing a season’s worth of transfer expenditure (that will, knowing Barcelona, probably end up being shite) by signing away a chunk of their income for the next 25 years. What a clown club, almost makes Man Utd look well run.

Here is an article from the FT discussing this: Barcelona seals further 300mn Euros from US group Sixth Street

It sounds like utter madness to be honest. Maybe Barcelona FC just won't exist in ten years because their ownership now is driving them into oblivion for the sake of maintaining their status as a top-level world power in football.

I did wonder myself if I was missing something obvious since 'Cut future revenue to spend £60m on a 34 year old' seemed like an insane piece of business, but no, it seems that that is a thing they've done.

I just assume that they know they can do wtf they want and if things get really bad they'll get some extremely favourable semi-bailout deal from the government down the line.

• Like 1

It is all in the aim of trying to be seen as a big club and integral to teh Super League when the conversation comes back around,  if they remain as one of those big clubs, they will reap the financial benefits if/when the ESL becomes reality

• Like 1