Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

2 hours ago, METALMAN said:

Back in 2006 average heights were much lower. It's like when you walk around a castle and you have to bend down to go through all the doors.

Speak for yourself. I find castles and old colonial homes here in North America were built to accommodate people of my stature. A welcome change.

• Like 1

So Barcelona were good when they had a homegrown core. Then they bought loads of expensive players with overarching strategy and weren't so good. Had a financial crisis and some time to reflect and consider how to move forward. And now they are buying loads of expensive players with no overarching strategy again.

• Like 1

I can't tell if the jacket (or shirt?) makes it look like a superman style costume reveal or like he's posing for a fashion shoot.

• Haha 1

• Admin

Arsenal have reached a verbal agreement in principle with Manchester City to buy Oleksandr Zinchenko for about £30m.

Provided personal terms, including length of contract, can be agreed with the Ukraine international he should become Arsenal’s fifth summer signing and their second from City after the forward Gabriel Jesus.

There is a rumour that Marseilles have agreed to sign Bakayoko (still a Chelsea player) but it's being blocked by their head coach who doesn't want to be lumbered with him. I can't help but find that funny.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, damhausen said:

Mourinho was obviously a terrible fit at both Man Utd and Tottenham, but he seems to have found a good groove at Roma. We'll have to see if he wears out his welcome there too or if he can build a stronger squad that can win or compete at the top of Serie A over the next few seasons.

It's only been one year of his usual 3 year spell. This season we should see some disgruntlement from Jose when things are actually going fine, then next season he'll have a complete meltdown and leave with Roma 7th in Serie A.

• Like 3