Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

23 hours ago, Lineker said:

Cover across all the forward positions, gives 100% on the pitch, proven goalscorer in the Premier League. Makes perfect sense to me.

It makes perfect sense. The schedule is insane this year, so rotation is key. There was plenty of times last year Conte looked to the bench and felt he couldn't change things. We've now got a PL proven player, who starts for Brazil, who covers all 3 positions who can come on and change a game or rotate. He played through the middle a lot last year, so he can also cover Kane, which is something we haven't got right...ever. 

22 hours ago, MadJack said:

Also in a window where both Gabriel Jesus and Raphinha are available, going for him just seems weird.

He makes far more sense for us than those two, partly due to his versatility, partly due to he seems like the kind of player Conte would love. Raphinha plays predominantly where Kulu plays and I feel wouldn't cover Kane at all, Jesus is leaving City to be the big dog at a club, something he wouldn't get here, so Richarlison makes a lot of sense. Honestly, if he turns out to be our equivalent of Jota, that would be amazing. City, Liverpool and even Chelsea have so much depth up front, we absolutely need someone like Richarlison - and we've paid a premium to avoid any settling in period, which would be tough for a striker from another league, because they're realistically not going to get a run of games to kick off with as Son, Kane, Kulu is a pretty strong front 3. 

It's honestly really weird watching Spurs going about their transfer business quickly and decisively, in hope of building a squad that can compete on all fronts. 

We've seen Conte's Spurs can go and beat City at the Etihad, get a point at Anfield, thrash Arsenal...and also limply lose to Wolves, get outdone by Southampton, bullied by Burnley, outclassed by Brighton. It was clear we struggled every time we played twice in a week and Conte didn't trust more than about 13 players, this transfer window seems very much based around a player or two to improve the XI, and the rest to create genuine competition and depth. 

It feels like we're finally operating like a serious club, so I fully expect Kane to do his ankle in October and Conte to quit in November. 

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Lineker said:

He is supposedly on his way to us - his boyhood club, and not in a Robbie Keane sense. Or Leeds.

They're fuming :lol:

Surely at 18 your boyhood club is just your club :shifty:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Come on your Spurs

And that was the 156th and best take.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Colly said:

Come on your Spurs

I've seen more convincing hostage videos then that 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MadJack said:

C'mon, it'll be fun and zany and won't possibly have FFP implications at all.

I'd rather have present day original Ronaldo than Cristiano.

And I'd rather be forced to play Salomon Rondon up front every week as well.