Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

4 hours ago, Twist said:

Botman to Newcastle appears to be done. By all accounts Botman was set on a move to AC Milan and Newcastle just straight up priced them out of the picture.

Likely the first of many. Once they're consistently in Europe it won't be as big a deal but right now have to totally pay too much to get these types of players.

I think Jesus could be the sneaky signing off this transfer window. Bit underated in the grand scheme of things. 

14 hours ago, damhausen said:

Likely the first of many. Once they're consistently in Europe it won't be as big a deal but right now have to totally pay too much to get these types of players.

True, look at the £60m we spunked on Nick Pope...

3 minutes ago, Gazz said:

True, look at the £60m we spunked on Nick Pope...

The £10m felt bizarrely low. I guess Burnley had no negotiating position and most of the PL already had goalkeeper solved. When I originally saw his name floated I was expecting at least twice of what we paid. Especially as he's English.

I'm expecting most transfers for now to more closely resemble Botman than Pope was my overall point. Where outbidding the competition just becomes the way to get things done.

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

I mean if he can get out of that tomb imagine what he'll be able to do to defenders.

Took him 3 days though 😕

• Haha 1

It's a move that makes a lot of sense. The play will be as intense for Bale as he wants - in terms of how often he plays and for how long etc. - and he can be in a sunny, cultural clime playing football in preparation for the World Cup.

Whether or not he plays beyond Qatar 2022 remains to be seen, but he might feel he has more in the tank if he gets off to a good start in LA and enjoys himself. He certainly hasn't been enjoying himself the last few years in Madrid.

The talk of Chelsea being interested in De Ligt worries me, if only because every single time we deal with Italian clubs (buying or selling), they dick us about for the entire window, take us to the cleaners. or both.

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

The talk of Chelsea being interested in De Ligt worries me, if only because every single time we deal with Italian clubs (buying or selling), they dick us about for the entire window, take us to the cleaners. or both.

You can always loan him back next year after he doesn't do well and is unhappy.

• Sad 1