Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

Liverpool are going to sign a midfielder!

Spoiler

It's Jay Spearing who has been released by Tranmere Rovers and will be taking on a player/coach role with the under 23s.

On 17/06/2022 at 12:58, Szumi - A Polack said:

I honestly have no idea how Bayern fleeced Leeds for even this amount of money for him

?

I've no idea who he is but Bayern fans' main criticism is just "he's not as good as Kimmich". 10m for not as good as Kimmich doesn't sound bad at all.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

?

I've no idea who he is but Bayern fans' main criticism is just "he's not as good as Kimmich". 10m for not as good as Kimmich doesn't sound bad at all.

Where are you seeing that at? Curious because even when Kimmich was out long term, Roca barely played. In all competitions, he's played about only 1000 minutes in the last two seasons combined. Nagelsmann pretty much only played him because he had no other fit senior options. He also was not really any good when he did play. 

Roca is a good deep lying playmaker, I've seen & heard a lot of good things about his ability to play progressive and/or direct passes at Espanyol, and is a high character guy. But he's not mobile at all, and he lacks intensity in his running/pressing. He's certainly a different option for Leeds, but he doesn't fit how Leeds play much, imo. He flopped going from Spain to a more physical league in Germany, so I can't see how he'll be anything other than a flop in England. But as someone who wants to see Jesse Marsch do well, I'm happy to see him do well!

5 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

Sterling for the £30mil or whatever somewhere is reporting is absolute bonkers. He's English, got great marketability and is a fantastic footballer. Man City shouldn't let him go.

I'm hearing closer to £50m today, which makes it sound less appealing. Sure, he's a proven PL goalscorer, but that's in a team that creates about a billion chances every game. Chelsea play differently and I can't see him offering much more than the current attacking options. £30-35m, on the other hand, seems like a good deal if we can offload CHO and perhaps Ziyech to avoid having too many wingers on the books.

3 hours ago, FLiam said:

Ok - so bringing Gabriel Jesus and Raphinha in would be a ludicrous window.

Romano knows fuck all, the other day he was reporting that Barca were hoping we'd lower our £47m demand. If one of the scum six want to pay our actual £70m+ demand then fine but I don't think Raphinha's interested in going anywhere but Barcelona and they're probably not stumping up the cash. I imagine most of the other interest is just Deco whoring him out to try and pressure Barca into coming to the table with a decent offer.

At this point I think KP is more likely to leave this summer and from our point of view that makes more sense, both have 2 years left, KP's stock is about as high as it's going to get in that time, Raphinha could potentially be a key player as Brazil win the world cup.

3 hours ago, FLiam said:

Ok - so bringing Gabriel Jesus and Raphinha in would be a ludicrous window.

Romano knows fuck all, the other day he was reporting that Barca were hoping we'd lower our £47m demand. If one of the scum six want to pay our actual £70m+ demand then fine but I don't think Raphinha's interested in going anywhere but Barcelona and they're probably not stumping up the cash. I imagine most of the other interest is just Deco whoring him out to try and pressure Barca into coming to the table with a decent offer.

At this point I think KP is more likely to leave this summer and from our point of view that makes more sense, both have 2 years left, KP's stock is about as high as it's going to get in that time, Raphinha could potentially be a key player as Brazil win the world cup.

I dunno, I'd never trust a man with a goatee. Especially one that doesn't join together. What is he? 13?

• Haha 2