Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

I think eventually Spurs will have to decide between which of Richarlison or Kula to keep or sell, because neither feels like a great option to keep on the bench.

Richarlison is undeniably great - if he gets a run of games. Kula has the highest number of goal creating actions per 90 minutes in the league (Gabriel Jesus is second, maybe City should play him more).

Yeah the guy who had 5 goals and 8 assists in 18 matches and played a pivotal role in turning Spurs' season around is not about to get benched. I just can't see that happening at all.

I find it mad that we're going all out on Nunez but at the same time it's so exciting. If things work out that's your starting striker sorted for years. 

Especially given City made a big statement of intent by getting Haaland. 

Strengthen centre mid options in terms of a Fabinho type player and if we gat Ramsay in from Aberdeen that's a good summer. 

Also I don't mind this current Tottenham team but them signing that banging gobshite is a bit urgh. 

I don't see Richarlison as a top level starting player personally. Then again i don't really watch other teams that often so I've probably only ever seen him half a dozen times, maybe he's better than he's seemed on those occasions.

5 minutes ago, Hobo said:

The 8.5mil team success clauses is how we do in the relay over the next two Olympics

• Haha 1

Talking of potential sexual assault charges, Greenwood was trending again yesterday after somebody tweeted that everything was dropped and he'd be part of the pre season squad. It was bullshit and it's still ongoing, but I really don't know how I'm going to feel if it does all get dropped and he slots back into the team like nothing happened.

8 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Talking of potential sexual assault charges, Greenwood was trending again yesterday after somebody tweeted that everything was dropped and he'd be part of the pre season squad. It was bullshit and it's still ongoing, but I really don't know how I'm going to feel if it does all get dropped and he slots back into the team like nothing happened.

That's happened two or three times on Twitter now with Greenwood.

17 minutes ago, Baddar said:

If it does get dropped, the thing I'd hate to see is the usual Twitter people saying the audios doctored etc etc. 

It's domestic abuse, cases often get dropped due to fear etc. It'll be a case of whilst criminally he's not been proven guilty there's still horrific evidence in the public domain and I know I wouldn't want him to play for my team. 

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

How I feel about this utterly depends on the outcome of his sexual assault case.

Yeah I think he's a good player but obviously again he's got a grey cloud lingering and attached to his name ATM. 

I could see Pogba doing very well back at Juventus for both squad-based reasons and just overall morale. 

Man United was a terrible fit for the entire time he was there and clearly by the end he gave less than zero fucks. Obviously some United fans may think differently but I have a hard time blaming him.

13 minutes ago, damhausen said:

I could see Pogba doing very well back at Juventus for both squad-based reasons and just overall morale. 

Man United was a terrible fit for the entire time he was there and clearly by the end he gave less than zero fucks. Obviously some United fans may think differently but I have a hard time blaming him.

Little bit of A and a little bit of B for me. Think both sides had their role in it not working out. 

Tactically, you could argue was Pogba used in the best manner and clearly there's been a lot of issues over the years at United

But at the same time, has he stepped up when he was needed? Has his attitude been the best? There's been big games where he's just lacked any heart or thinking power and done something stupid. 

It's the best move for both parties for them to cut ties but to spend the money you did on him and get nothing back is a blow.  

It's clear that when Pogba felt valued he was immensely effective, but at the same time, I'm just so over him and his drama. Good player - great on his day - and incredibly creative (fourth most goal creating actions per 90 in the league this season), but too much baggage to succeed at United now.