Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

4 hours ago, METALMAN said:

When I was 12 I would follow all the football transfers and ensure that my FIFA and CM games were constantly updated. nowadays players I’ve not even heard of are moving for nine figure sums. That 12 year old would be appalled at what I’ve become.

The worst part is a lot of these players we’ve never heard of also turn out awful and people just shrug it off as though the players didn’t cost nine figures.

• Like 1

Would be made up if we could get Nunez in but no chance we'd be willing to pay 85mil. 

I'd let Man Utd pay £85m and then they can plug the massive gap in their midfield with bubblegum and dreams.

• Like 1

Saul Niguez has confirmed that he is returning to Atletico Madrid this summer. His 1 year loan at Chelsea included an option to buy at the end, but this will not be activated.

27 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Saul Niguez has confirmed that he is returning to Atletico Madrid this summer. His 1 year loan at Chelsea included an option to buy at the end, but this will not be activated.

No loss imo. Even with improved performances from the CWC onwards, he never really seemed like he was good enough to be in the squad. Even with multiple players leaving, returning loanees (primarily Gallagher, maybe Gilmour and Emerson if they don't leave over the summer) and potential new signings should be able to fulfill the same rotation/cover commitments.

52 minutes ago, Naitch said:

No loss imo. Even with improved performances from the CWC onwards, he never really seemed like he was good enough to be in the squad. Even with multiple players leaving, returning loanees (primarily Gallagher, maybe Gilmour and Emerson if they don't leave over the summer) and potential new signings should be able to fulfill the same rotation/cover commitments.

You say this, but the likes of Gallagher, Gilmour etc. will likely end up in another round of "oh no, this player needs more than just backup minutes, we must loan them elsewhere and then use worse players in our actual team".

Or they might just get sold, of course.

We're looking to get £17m for Taki Minamino with a bunch of clubs apparently interested. I'll miss him, but that's a great profit for a fringe player and he deserves the playing time. 

Bayern are also getting laughed off because their latest offer was add ons like £2.5m if Mane wins the Ballon Dor... THREE times 

Ah, the old "£25m for 50 international goals" FM clause when you're bidding for a 29 year old centreback with 3 caps.

14 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Ah, the old "£25m for 50 international goals" FM clause when you're bidding for a 29 year old centreback with 3 caps.

Wouldn't get King William from Cobresol for that 

53 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

We're looking to get £17m for Taki Minamino with a bunch of clubs apparently interested. I'll miss him, but that's a great profit for a fringe player and he deserves the playing time. 

Bayern are also getting laughed off because their latest offer was add ons like £2.5m if Mane wins the Ballon Dor... THREE times 

You missed the part of them winning the Champions League 3 times as well. 

There's only ever been one African winner of the Ballon d'Or, so for Mane to win it 3 times hell must freeze over.

Should have thrown in the Mane to solve the energy crisis - £1.75 mil clause in as well 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Colly said:

I saw a tweet from a Liverpool fan account that said to offer £5m for Lewandowski plus £200m add ons if he wins Wimbledon. Sums it up pretty well.

Could lead to an interesting court case if they draw them in the cup