Summer Transfer Window 2022

Lineker

Can't believe the video of that family doing his celebration and saying Stay Richy lad didn't convince him 

I'm baffled by the Richarlison deal. I don't see where he fits into the squad, nor have I seen anything to suggest he'll improve things (especially not for £60 million).

I trust Conte and the other decision makers, but this one is pushing that trust.

60 million and the welcome video uses what look like one of Adobe Premiere's free to use title graphics!

12 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

I'm baffled by the Richarlison deal. I don't see where he fits into the squad, nor have I seen anything to suggest he'll improve things (especially not for £60 million).

I trust Conte and the other decision makers, but this one is pushing that trust.

From the outside I was wondering the same thing. He's certainly not a Kane replacement should he go, and he's nowhere near as productive as Son.

I was having this conversation with a mate at football yesterday who's an Everton fan. 

I suppose it's an extra person for depth across the front for Spurs, he could potentially kick on further by being surrounded by better players than he currently is and I get Everton need to sell to buy...

But they've made hardly anything on what they spent on him and his goals were vital last season in keeping them up and the people Everton are getting linked to they're all a bit underwhelming. I don't think he's got the quality to be a starter in a top 4/5 team at the minute either and it seems like a lot of money. 

It just seems a weird transfer all round for me. 

Going to be funny when Spurs play Everton and he starts throwing himself on the floor and rolling around like he's broken his neck and the Ev start kicking off... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

Also in a window where both Gabriel Jesus and Raphinha are available, going for him just seems weird.

32 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Cover across all the forward positions, gives 100% on the pitch, proven goalscorer in the Premier League. Makes perfect sense to me.

This is key really. 

Look at us last season from January. Getting in Diaz was a stroke of genius. We were pretty far behind City and competing for all 3 cup competitions. Salah's goals dipped a bit after the AFCON but when you've got Salah and then the likes of Mane, Jota, Diaz and Firmino it's less stress and burden on Mo. 

Whether Richarlison kicks on at Spurs is the key question. It's a gamble but he could easily develop playing under a better manager and with better players around him. 

Everton need to invest that money wisely and given the track record in recent years it's again one of them where it's like are they actually going to do that.... I think if they can get Dennis in for a decent figure it's a good signing 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

I was having this conversation with a mate at football yesterday who's an Everton fan. 

I suppose it's an extra person for depth across the front for Spurs, he could potentially kick on further by being surrounded by better players than he currently is and I get Everton need to sell to buy...

But they've made hardly anything on what they spent on him and his goals were vital last season in keeping them up and the people Everton are getting linked to they're all a bit underwhelming. I don't think he's got the quality to be a starter in a top 4/5 team at the minute either and it seems like a lot of money. 

It just seems a weird transfer all round for me. 

Going to be funny when Spurs play Everton and he starts throwing himself on the floor and rolling around like he's broken his neck and the Ev start kicking off... 

The depressing reality is that we need the money to satisfy FFP, and we needed it doing by July 1st. He is worth a lot more really but he was the most saleable asset and, in theory, is a position we can replace with one decent signing and Gordon being given a more prominent role. 

He will be a good signing for Spurs because he has boundless energy and is a final third threat, in that team with a proper playmaker he can be a difference maker. He obviously isn't better than Kane or Son but between him, Kulusevski and Perisic there are enough attacking options to keep it fresh.

Richarlison is a cracking player and someone who you should take to heart, because he will do everything on the pitch for your cause.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, damhausen said:

Worth noting that for this season you're probably going to need a truly extra man at each major part of the team. Going to be a lot of fatigue and what more a lot of knocks.

Curious how he slots in long term but for this year it makes a lot of sense.

Isn't it 5 subs allowed permanently from this season too? Having more squad depth is only going to be more beneficial, especially in a season where Liverpool and Man City have key players getting a month off during the World Cup break.

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

Cover across all the forward positions, gives 100% on the pitch, proven goalscorer in the Premier League. Makes perfect sense to me.

His goal record isn't fantastic though, especially when you consider he won't be taking pens at Spurs. £60m is a lot of money for cover.

55 minutes ago, Colly said:

His goal record isn't fantastic though, especially when you consider he won't be taking pens at Spurs. £60m is a lot of money for cover.

Double figures in each of his four seasons at Everton, you can't balk at that for a player that they know will be the third most important player in the attacking line when he plays. He's all over the attacking third, he should get a lot more chances in the Spurs team than he did with what he had around him at Goodison.