EWB Members Favorite Sports Teams

So as the title does say. Favorite team from any sport. Support quite a few myself.

Soccer/Football Sunderland/BRFC/Arsenal/Barnet

Will watch any football team really, never take silly club rivalry into things. So when there is a game on will pick during the game who I prefer and why. Soft spot for lower leagues and relegation fodder for a challenging seasonal watch. 

Hockey. Hawks. Penguins. Rangers.  Canadian teams. 

• Like 1

Football - Tottenham Hotspur and Napoli (club) and Italy (international). Also follow my local teams Swindon and Chippenham Town.

NBA - Minnesota Timberwolves

NFL - Pittsburgh Steelers

Cricket - Somerset (county) and England (international)

F1 - I don't support any driver or team specifically, my interest purely lies in the racing being exciting. I would however be happier with an outsider winning instead of the regular 2/3 top drivers, so I'd rather Perez won that Vestappen, Russell instead of Hamilton, Sainz instead of Leclerc, and anyone from the other 7 teams ahead of those 6 drivers. I should support Ferrari because Italy, but my enjoyment of the sport was ruined by their behaviour from 2000 to 2005, and these days I despise the way they hold the sport to ransom.

NHL - Don't really follow it, but I check the results of the Pittsburgh Penguins

MLB - Same as above, but Pittsburgh Pirates instead.

• Like 1

Football - Liverpool

It's weird like I follow a lot of other sports but I wouldn't say I support a specific team. Maybe I need to try and do that next season. NFL last season I kept checking on the Bengals but that was because I was the Bengals in a Madden franchise mode. 

F1 - I always used to follow McLaren when I was a kid but not so much now as I kind of stopped watching F1 for a large period of time. 

• Haha 1

Football (Eng): Tottenham

NFL: Miami Dolphins

Cricket: Kent

NBA: Utah Jazz

Football (Other): Nagoya Grampus, Union Berlin, FC St. Pauli

Baseball: Chunichi Dragons (inasmuch as I check up from time to time)

For cycling I follow cyclists more than teams. My favourite cyclists are Thibaut Pinot and Mark Cavendish.

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

It's weird like I follow a lot of other sports but I wouldn't say I support a specific team. Maybe I need to try and do that next season. NFL last season I kept checking on the Bengals but that was because I was the Bengals in a Madden franchise mode. 

Seems legit to me. The reason I support the Steelers (and by extension the other Pittsburgh sports teams) is because they drafted my created player in Madden 06 so I got to learn the players and team. 

• Like 1

NFL:  New York Giants

MLB:  New York Mets

NHL:  New York Islanders

NBA:  New York Knicks

College Sports:  I don't have the same level of fandom for college sports.  I have a soft spot for Army Football since I went to a few games as a kid, and I root for the University of Connecticut for all sports.  UConn is the default team for most Connecticuters.  My actual alma mater was a D3 school so it's largely irrelevant in terms of sports, except we had a guy briefly hold the single-game NCAA rushing record for like a month.

Collegiate Sports (follow a bit, not super close): Minnesota Gophers, any underdog team really, in football - Auburn when against Alabama (or most teams vs Alabama)

NFL (follow pretty close): Minnesota Vikings

MLB (used to follow close, mostly keep up with highlights and headlines): Minnesota Twins, then the Florida Marlins

NHL (tapered interest a bit the last few years but still follow very close): Minnesota Wild, then the Florida Panthers, or anyone playing the Jets or Leafs, big RIP to the Atlanta Thrashers!

NBA (on and off interest in the sport, more on the last couple of years): Minnesota Timberwolves, then Golden State Warriors

Soccer (only vaguely follow): Minnesota United and Tottenham

And then of course, if I like an individual player I'll root for their team depending on the matchup

• Like 2

Collegiate Sports (I really only pay attention to Football and Men's and Women's Basketball): Tennessee Volunteers

NFL: Dallas Cowboys, Tennessee Titans. But I was a fan of the Titans back when they were the Houston Oilers, not because they moved to my state. Warren Moon is still my favorite QB to never make it to a Super Bowl.

MLB: Cincinnati Reds, Boston Red Sox. But I also have a soft spot for the Los Angeles Dodgers because they were my parents' favorite team.

NBA: Los Angeles Lakers

CFL: Toronto Argonauts. But I only catch a handful of CFL games on cable each year.

Edited by GhostMachine

CFL - Saskatchewan Roughriders
NHL - Arizona Coyotes
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays
NBA - Toronto Raptors

Essentially, they are all my local teams. I was born in Saskatchewan but mostly grew up in Manitoba, so I followed the Jets to Arizona. I didn't really become a football fan until I moved back to Saskatchewan, so I am a Rider fan. I was a big NBA / Raptors fan from around 2010 - 2020, but I've almost completely cut it out of my life. Same with the Jays - I grew up playing baseball, I coach my kids baseball, but I barely follow MLB. Life is too busy as an adult.

• Like 1