2022 EWB Fantasy Football Symposium

Maxx

That’s 7 for dynasty.  No reason it can’t be a board draft, even if we run late and have to wait to start until week 2…for what is time to us as we begin to measure our success over the course of years?

• Like 2

Slogger would give us 10, in what has apparently become a first come, first serve sign up process.

We keep throwing around the term Dynasty, but in reality it might just be a keeper league.  If we were to do a full blown, keep your entire team every year dynasty, we would have to move to another platform besides Yahoo, because while I love you all, and this, there are limits to how much I want to keep track of in spreadsheets.

Yahoo works just fine for Keepers, but we can still incorporate a few dynasty features. Finer points can be discussed later, but allowing everyone to keep like 5 or 6 players and redrafting the rest every year seems significantly easier.  For me.  The person that has to organize all this.  Take pity.

1 hour ago, Plubby said:

Me, too. Yoob fantasy is already a dynasty, let's make it official :) 

I think my interest moves it back to odd numbers. @Slogger let's go toe-to-toe.

Yeah alright 

Any reason to shittalk me right mate? ;)

“Dynasty” League draft starting Monday?   Anyone want a short 3 round rookie draft to occur immediately following it?  That would mean no drafting of rookies in the regular draft.  Or should we just wait until April to start doing rookie drafts?

On 15/08/2022 at 14:24, Maxx said:

Not a lot of love for Vampire League this year, that's okay.  I would have made the best vampire ever but that's fine.

I have two other ideas for the ol' 3rd EWB league.

1.  The Guillotine- My friend roped me into this ridiculous idea, but it would likely be way easier to get the 18 required players here.  No head to head match ups, just going for total points each week.  The team with the lowest score each week is eliminated, and their players head to free agency.  Free agents are determined by highest bidder.  Draft might have to be a live one at this point, but its very set it and forget.

2.  THE DYNASTY- The best time to start this was 18 years ago, the next best time is today.  It would either be a Keeper League, or a full blown dynasty league, which would also mean rookie drafts in May.  Big rosters here so you can stash players for future use.  I would only want to do a 10 team league here, so I would be looking for the best of the best of the best period.  With honors.  Really I just want people who won't give up on the idea after two seasons, and I feel like between the 20 people we have playing across our leagues this year, there's 10 who would be into this.  @DMN in the House is likely one of them.

I'd be up for a dynasty league. I'm in four dynasty leagues already, longest one is going into its eighth year.

I'd recommend using Sleeper as a platform as it has a user-friendly app. Also, if it's 10 team, I'd also suggest making it a superflex league.

I think that lumping in all the vets and rookies for the start-up draft is the way to go.