EWBFF David LaFleur League (A League)

Maxx

There will be a soft rule of 3 QBs per roster.  Obviously some exceptions will pop up due to injuries and bye weeks, etc where you might have to have 4 on your rosters.  Just please keep try to keep it to 3 whenever possible, I'll police it as needed. 

@Lowerdeck <_<

This is also occurring at a time where Travis Kelce has outscored all but the top 4 WRs, and can still very easily pass two of them.  This is why we hate TEs; make the position required and one person gets a top 5 WR, one person gets a serviceable player, and everyone else gets players that score like third string WRs.

If you’re going to argue for keeping it going forward, you’ll need a better argument than tradition.  This kind of thing happening was why I dropped it in the first place, figured we could experiment with it again and the situation is, if anything, even worse this year.

On 03/12/2022 at 18:10, Frosty the SnowMaxx said:

There will be a soft rule of 3 QBs per roster.  Obviously some exceptions will pop up due to injuries and bye weeks, etc where you might have to have 4 on your rosters.  Just please keep try to keep it to 3 whenever possible, I'll police it as needed. 

@Lowerdeck <_<

I forgot about that

I dropped White.  Hopefully I won't need Watson either.

With Kyler out for the year and Pickett in concussion protocol, I had 2 open roster spots and put in claims for multiple QBs needing to make sure I got at least one of them.  Ended up getting 2 of them, and according to the Waiver Offers tab nobody else put in claims on them.

So technically I'm rostering 4 QBs at the moment but it's not known if Pickett will even be active.  I'll drop a QB if need be but given there's only 6 teams left in the playoff bracket maybe it's not as big of a deal now.

In the meantime I'll just mull over which shitty QB2 to start in what is basically a house money playoff appearance for me.

2 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

With Kyler out for the year and Pickett in concussion protocol, I had 2 open roster spots and put in claims for multiple QBs needing to make sure I got at least one of them.  Ended up getting 2 of them, and according to the Waiver Offers tab nobody else put in claims on them.

So technically I'm rostering 4 QBs at the moment but it's not known if Pickett will even be active.  I'll drop a QB if need be but given there's only 6 teams left in the playoff bracket maybe it's not as big of a deal now.

In the meantime I'll just mull over which shitty QB2 to start in what is basically a house money playoff appearance for me.

I'd say your fine this week because Pickett probably won't be eligible to play.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing Trevor Lawrence land in my finals' opponent's lap because he got cut for Mac Jones makes me sad :( if Jalen Hurts successfully forces his way back into the lineup on Sunday it's probably curtains for me.  Minshew Mania might be my only hope.

Still fairly ridiculous I even got to this point.  This team isn't good.

4 hours ago, Justin Buschlander said:

Seeing Trevor Lawrence land in my finals' opponent's lap because he got cut for Mac Jones makes me sad :( if Jalen Hurts successfully forces his way back into the lineup on Sunday it's probably curtains for me.  Minshew Mania might be my only hope.

Still fairly ridiculous I even got to this point.  This team isn't good.

Please lose to me. I need this. 

15 minutes ago, damhausen said:

One time I won a league before the Monday games and I benched whoever I had left to play. Everyone got a good laugh except the guy I beat.

I won't be doing that cause I'm greedy. 

• Haha 1

Projections aren’t the be-all end-all but it was pretty clear I was getting steamrolled in this one.  And rightly so, my team was lucky to be there at all.

In another league, DK Metcalf royally screwed me while Mike Evans sat on the bench with nearly 40 points.  Why I didn’t think the Jets wouldn’t lock Metcalf down when they’ve been going it to WRs all year is beyond me.  Chalk this one up as a loss for the “just play your studs” crew.

• Lineker unfeatured and locked this topic