What Did You Watch Today? 2023 edition

Had some plans cancel tonight and we were in the area so I went to see the Super Mario Bros movie 'cause I realized we hadn't been to the theatre since like... 2018 when the Spider-Verse movie came out.

It was genuinely a really good movie. Quite happy that I took the time to see it.

• Like 1

watched All Quiet on The Western Front/Im Westen nichts Neues  (2022) last week.

I've neither read the novel nor watched any of the other adaptations. I thought it was really interesting to see a WWI story told from the perspective of the Germans. It's a really great-looking movie and really sells the horror of war. Although I did question the accuracy of some of stuff and, upon further research, had it confirmed. It didn't take anything away from the movie though.

On 16/04/2023 at 19:28, TheGrandAvatar said:

Forensic Files/ Medical Detectives binge watch again. Starting over from Season One again. Most episodes are on YouTube. But they are often on the TV Schedule in the UK. For some reason I find them very interesting on Forensic Detection over the year's, and how it has helped solve cases. 

you're about to binge 400 episodes of forensic files?????

2 hours ago, K said:

you're about to binge 400 episodes of forensic files?????

Not all at once. :P The episodes are very quick. About 30 minutes in length. Sometimes an hour. It depends if you get the episodes under the Medical Detectives banner, or it to be called Forensic Files. Effectively it's the same show. 

Watched the new Power Rangers special. It's cheap, full of shortcuts for getting around the actors they couldn't get back, the dialogue is cheesy and the acting is terrible but I had a blast.

We watched Street Fighter (1994) last night. It's more fun than I remembered it being. 90% of that is Raul Julia.

It's really weird that Adrian Cronaur (the guy Robin Williams played in Good Morning, Vietnam) is in it basically doing his radio schtick.

Also re-watched Lucky, one of Harry Dean Staton's last movies where he basically plays himself. I liked it the first time but I loved it on the second watch. David Lynch is so funny in this movie as Lucky's friend Howard who has lost his pet tortoise.

Then we watched Harry Dean Staton: Partly Fiction which is an interesting documentary about Stanton which is included on the DVD for Lucky.

On 23/04/2023 at 07:48, Hobo said:

We watched Street Fighter (1994) last night. It's more fun than I remembered it being. 90% of that is Raul Julia.

Its 90% Raul Julia, 5% the speech that JCVD gives, and 5% Ming Na.

Been slowly rewatching The Vision of Escaflowne, which I don't think I've seen in about 18 years and did not remember 95% of.

Me, moments into episode 1: "Oh, she has tarot cards?" [major plot device and literally emblazoned upon the title credit of every single episode]

It is really fucking good though.

47 minutes ago, livid said:

Draft Day is a cinematic masterpiece 

But did his team mates go to his birthday party?