General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

I'm curious about what would be different to the backwards compatible version on Xbox. I always hear about how that's 4k/60 or whatever on the Series X. Difference is you could have probably bought that for like $10 over the past few years compared to $50.

1 minute ago, King Ellis said:

I'm curious about what would be different to the backwards compatible version on Xbox. I always hear about how that's 4k/60 or whatever on the Series X. Difference is you could have probably bought that for like $10 over the past few years compared to $50.

As far as I can tell, there isn't a difference. I suppose the Switch version has the benefit of portability, but the Playstation version will likely be the same as the old PS3 game. With no native PS3 backwards compatibility on either the PS4 or PS5, this will be the only way to play the game on those consoles, which is a clear case of creating a problem and selling the solution.

It's not actually being released on PS5, is it? Looks like PS4 and Switch only.

It's a shame they aren't remastering it. There's no way I'd pay £50 to play a port of a 13 year old game, no matter how much I love it. Especially not even on the newest console.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

It's not actually being released on PS5, is it? Looks like PS4 and Switch only.

It's a shame they aren't remastering it. There's no way I'd pay £50 to play a port of a 13 year old game, no matter how much I love it. Especially not even on the newest console.

Well, what I meant was that it will still be the only way to play the game on PS5, through PS4 backwards compatibility. You'd think that playing it on a PS5 will at least shorten the loading times, but it won't have any native PS5 features.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

I’d maybe pay £50 if Undead Nightmare is included also.

If I was wanting to play some RPG’s in the vein of Baldurs Gate 3 is there any good place to start? Pretty sure I have Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin in my Steam library.

Divinity Original Sin and Original Sin 2 will be very similar, as they are by the same studio. Plus, they are fantastic games. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

I’d maybe pay £50 if Undead Nightmare is included also.

If I was wanting to play some RPG’s in the vein of Baldurs Gate 3 is there any good place to start? Pretty sure I have Pillars of Eternity and Divinity Original Sin in my Steam library.

I know they are porting Undead Nightmare over. Haven't seen anything about it being included or not. For that price it damn well should be though

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I know they are porting Undead Nightmare over. Haven't seen anything about it being included or not. For that price it damn well should be though

Just seen an advert for it, seems like it is. Will maybe check it out whenever it goes on sale just for that on Switch.

Depends on performance though, they’ve still not fully sorted out the GTA Trilogy.

11 minutes ago, Ruki said:

You know what game I want to get remade? Parasite Eve. I never played a lot of it, but modern RPGs are just the bees knees. I remember it being really cool too. 

Absolutely! I would love this. I was obsessed with that game when it came out. 

• Like 2

When I was a young lad, I rented Parasite Eve 2 on a lark, and had a blast with it. Then years ago I emulated to play the first one but fell off for some reason. A full on remake (or another entry into the series) would be the best.

• Like 1

Is anyone playing Baldur's Gate 3 off of a regular hard drive and not a SSD? If so, how does it play? I've got the game downloaded onto my HDD but haven't played it yet as it says SSD required. I'd really like to not have to shell out for another SSD right this minute.

25 minutes ago, RazorsEdge said:

Is anyone playing Baldur's Gate 3 off of a regular hard drive and not a SSD? If so, how does it play? I've got the game downloaded onto my HDD but haven't played it yet as it says SSD required. I'd really like to not have to shell out for another SSD right this minute.

While I'm not, I did find this off of reddit.

image.png

• Thanks 1