General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

The new Prince of Persia is absolutely not what I wanted from a Prince of Persia game. I thought we lost parkour in AC so that PoP could come back and fill that void but instead it's a 2D Metroidvania that's using modern music in its advertising instead of being classical Persian in theme? Absolutely not even close to the room I wanted this revival to be in.

On 08/06/2023 at 21:13, Chris2K said:

Oh how I wish I hadn't seen that, I really don't want to have to pre-order a game, but God knows I really want to...

(It's Mortal Kombat 1 gameplay by the way, now that the video has been age-restricted).

I saw more gameplay videos. I pre-ordered the premium edition. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Gave NFS Unbound a spin since it hit game pass and I’m surprised how much I enjoy it. The juxtaposition of art styles took a minute but I don’t hate it. 

5 hours ago, Red Cabbage said:

Gave NFS Unbound a spin since it hit game pass and I’m surprised how much I enjoy it. The juxtaposition of art styles took a minute but I don’t hate it. 

How is the single player mode? 

I always loved the NFS series, but the last one I played, there was a point where it went "You finished the single player game, play online to advance", then I deleted it

4 hours ago, Lint said:

How is the single player mode? 

I always loved the NFS series, but the last one I played, there was a point where it went "You finished the single player game, play online to advance", then I deleted it

Haven’t finished single player, but it’s not bad. I like that it’s a game where it’s more about knowing your car than necessary having whatever the ‘best’ car is. 

So far it’s been enjoyable, not sure I’ll be keeping the game installed long after finishing single player though. It scratches the arcade racer itch, admittedly I have high hopes for the Crew: Motorfest as a Forza Horizon competitor. My wife likes NFS though so it may get more play than I expect. 

I've been playing Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town. Such a fun game (even though I've basically played it already with Harvest Moon on the PS1). I like these games, but I usually get bored before the first year is out. 

• Like 2

If anyone has Amazon Prime, checking the Prime Gaming area - they are currently giving away games like Prey, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, Star Wars: Force Unleashed and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition, all for free (for PC).

• Like 1

Cult of the Lamb is a really fun game. Got it as part of the Steam sale and been having a blast with it. Need to play some more ideally.

Same with Yakuza 7. Instead I've just been playing FM and AEW: Fight Forever cause I can have FM on in the background whilst working and AEW I can just play a few matches quickly after work before the missus gets home. 

I saw WayForward are doing a port of Clock Tower as well. I know that was Japan only on SNES, not sure if it had an English release when they ported it to PSX. Obviously there's been fan translations over the years but something official is neat.