General Gaming Thread 2024

Ruki

I think the first night of RDR was the same, we had some massive stand off where 10 of us had taken over the castle and were fighting off the law and other players trying to get in.

I remember being tricked into choosing the jetliner when playing gta races with you lot, and smoking everyone of your dinky gliders. Then everyone picked the jetliner for the next race and about twelve of us immediately smash directly into each other in one glorious fireball at the start line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I still remember when Red Dead hit and we all fucked around because everyone would login at different points of the day and be stuck with the donkey. I remember someone being ADAMANT that they were going to stick with the donkey to the detriment of everything we tried to pull off as well.

1 hour ago, apsham said:

I still remember when Red Dead hit and we all fucked around because everyone would login at different points of the day and be stuck with the donkey. I remember someone being ADAMANT that they were going to stick with the donkey to the detriment of everything we tried to pull off as well.

It's concerning that my prevalent memory of Red Dead Online is the same as my GTA4 one, only replace 'helicopter' with 'stage coach' and 'pilot' with 'horses'. 

Fuck, maybe I'm the asshole.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, probablyoliver said:

It's concerning that my prevalent memory of Red Dead Online is the same as my GTA4 one, only replace 'helicopter' with 'stage coach' and 'pilot' with 'horses'. 

I'm not trying to say there's a pattern or anything but I will just remind you of the phrase "I thought you were a zombie" and leave it at that.

• Like 1

On 12/05/2023 at 23:46, probablyoliver said:

Yes, I remember that well. :(

It's still kind of weird though, with the clock imagery. Shouldn't it be going from 11 to 0?

Warning: This is unhinged.

Random thought but, with the impending release of the AEW game, would Sting be the wrestler with appearances in games across different promotions? Not in the most games ever (whether officially or unofficial, because Undertaker will be in like every WWE game ever and there's a ton of 80's/90's games with characters based of Hulk Hogan) but he'll have been in games for WCW, TNA, WWE and then AEW. Plus I think he was also in a Legends of Wrestling game and one of the VPWs but they're not really distinctly for one promotion in the same way. 

A Japanese wrestler might be a good shout, like Jushin Thunder Liger or Vader because his time in WWF/WCW, but I'm not sure how you'd catergorise them. Is stuff like Kings of Coliseum considered cross promotion or does it come under one company?

In terms of the big American promotions, I can't think of anyone that would have been in games for WWE, WCW, ECW, TNA and AEW. There's probably a few with 3 or even 4 like Sting but I can't imagine all 5.

• Like 2

The first King of Colosseum game was split - the red version was NJPW, AJPW and Pancrase. The green version was NOAH and Zero-One. Both had different indie promotions and free agents too, I believe. You could combine save files to have all access to all of them without having to swap out discs to play as Misawa or Chono or whoever. That’s a pretty cool feature, I thought.

KoC 2 had all the previously mentioned promotions on one disc.

——

Seperate question, but does ANYONE here still play Destiny 1? Or jumped in since it went on sale recently for the first time in like 4 years? I’m playing it now, and the online is still surprisingly active. But it’s hard to find people for certain modes, like SIVA strikes or various raids. But PvP multiplayer or just legacy strikes? I can find matches and players all day long. Weird.

18 hours ago, King Ellis said:

Random thought but, with the impending release of the AEW game, would Sting be the wrestler with appearances in games across different promotions

Was thinking Taz if you count commentary, since he was in ECW, but he was too late in TNA so that removes him from both TNA and WCW games.

Sting is in WWE, WCW, TNA and AEW games, so I think it must be him.

I thought maybe Raven, as he's in WCW, ECW and WWE games, but he wasn't in a TNA game. A few people have managed three - RVD is in WWE, ECW and TNA games, Dusty Rhodes is in WWE, WCW and ECW, but I can't think of anyone else that will have managed four. 

This is Eternity. They introduce you to Street Fighter 6.

tumblr_23ea6e6475afebdfaf03b20d54c2b6be_

GOTY contender.

• Thanks 1