Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

I can get you a Sudowoodo and Azumarill, Ellis. In return you can give me a Scyther and a Larvitar. You caught a Larvitar some time ago when we first tried to trade but your WiFi went shitty on you, as I recall.

So MSN me next time you see me online.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest tiarnantman

I just started a new game in Diamond, and I chose Turtwig. I'm in the process of training my Kricketot, 'cause the only bug pokémon I usually ever use in these games is Butterfree, and I wanna try something else. Got it from level three to eight, and it still hasn't learned a new offensive move (bide doesn't count, not against level 4 Starleys).

It'll learn Fury Cutter as soon as it evolves.

If only Kricketot and Kricketune didn't suck like nearly all Bug types.

If you really want to raise a Kricketune, then go for it, but don't expect it to do much in battle except die.

Guest tiarnantman

I now officially hate rock Pokémon. I've wasted all my Pokéballs on them, and haven't caught one. :angry:

Am I the only person who absolutely despises the new legendaries? I mean, they're so boring and unlegendary. When you compare them to Kyogre it's just sad. In my one other Diamond game, I traded that Dialga thing for a level 16 Milotic. Yes, I hated it that much.

Edited by tiarnantman

Personally I think the legendaries are hit and miss, Kanto was great, Johto was near-perfect, Hoenn was good but there were too many, Sinnoh, the main ones are fantastic, but the excess of legendaries is a fucking joke, I swear they make up like, 10% of the new Pokémon <_>

Guest tiarnantman

I loved the Johto and Hoenn top two legendaries because they had such a good story to them. I mean, I would never have liked Kyogre as much had it not had the whole mystery/giant water beast thing to back it up. Same with Lugia and the whole mythological story about it fleeing from the Burnt Tower and all that. Seriously, none of this master of time crap, or whatever Dialga's supposed to be.

In Kanto, Mewtwo wasn't great, but the birds made up for it.

Edited by tiarnantman

Come on, Butterfree can be decent...

Double-Powder and an average SpAtk stat. That's it.

As for it's disadvantages, it has the quad-Rock weak that all Bug/Flying types share that castrates them immediately, especially nowadays with Stealth Rock running around everywhere. It has other weaknesses to Fire, Ice, Electric and Flying. Ice is everywhere thanks to the Dragons, and Electric is on most special attackers that can learn Thunderbolt. Butterfree is frail and slow, and so will die fairly quickly.

Heracross is far and away the best Bug type, while Forretress is meh and Scizor is a decent Baton Passer and is probably the best U-Turn user there is (especially with a Choice Band behind it).

• 2 weeks later...

[insert a series of swear words here]

I'm getting sick of the Battle Tower, I was going to challenge it with the Pokémon I've raised this gen but I'm contemplating using some of the transferred Pokémon from old games because these ones just aren't refined enough for this bastarding 100 win challenge. Anybody found a decent team yet?