Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if people are interested in this sort of thing, but someone has posted a metric fuckton of the QR codes online. If you scan 10 of these in Sun/Moon you can scan the island you're on for a rare Pokemon that only appears for an hour. Grabbed myself a Cyndaquil with it so far. You gain new scans every two hours iirc.

16 hours ago, Katsuya loves Oslo said:

Stufful is the most adorable thing I have ever seen in my life and oh god I'm so happy.

Also: man, is it me or is Trunbeak/Toucannon really fucking hard?

I wasn't expecting much at all from Toucannon but jesus it's so good. Skill Link + high Attack + Bullet Seed + Rock Blast is ridiculous. I mean you basically have to get Skill Link for it to be worth a damn but that's not too hateful a task.

(Too hateful a task = spending an hour or so on Thanksgiving getting a Scrappy Pangoro. Which I did.)

Edited by Sousa
  • Like 1

They have higher attack stats, and more rounded defence, but I prefer speed for the most part, since that first hit can be the difference between you being KO'd and your opponent (or at the very least, setting up for your next 'Mon). I just find it weird that an entire gen of Mon are so slow. There are, of course, older Mons around, but I like to try out as many newbies/relative newbies as I can in the story mode, guess I may just have to make exceptions this time around.

I fucking adore my Nasty Plot Pikachu tho. The fact a surfing Alolan Raichu can't actually learn surf is downright criminal. Surf/Thunderbolt STAB/Psychic STAB with Nasty Plot and maybe even a set up from electric terrain for dat speed boost (or Rain Dance set up with Thunder replacing Thunderbolt for Rain Danced Surf + 100% hit Thunder STAB) would be amazing. Fire, Ground, Rock, Flying, Water, Fighting and Poison coverage in one 'Mon, and since Fire and Fighting controlled a lot of the Gen VI metagame, it would have made it a toughie to exclude for me.

• Like 1

Nasty Plot / Thunderbolt / Psychic / Focus Blast?

Gives type advantages against Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark, Steel, Water, Flying, Fighting, and Poison. Great spread, but you're right in saying it's a shame he doesn't get Surf though.

Could be a decent doubles option alongside Tapu Koko or something, since Tapu Koko spawns Electric Terrain immediately to give Raichu the speed boost.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see how people are going to use the Tapus' terrain powers in competitive (which I don't really play but am sort of obsessed with reading about). Nobody gave a damn about any of the terrains in Gen6 but the Tapus sort of force them into the conversation.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jericode said:

Nasty Plot / Thunderbolt / Psychic / Focus Blast?

Gives type advantages against Normal, Ice, Rock, Dark, Steel, Water, Flying, Fighting, and Poison. Great spread, but you're right in saying it's a shame he doesn't get Surf though.

Interesting idea, focus blast gives it that needed dark coverage (which becomes less of an issue if it can access surge surfer and hit first), plus it covers the strongest defensive type in steel.

Misses out on dealing with fire coverage (one of the best attacking types) minus surf, but since the two biggest threats there are Charizard Y and Talonflame, they are covered by T-Bolt.

• Like 1

I'm trying to come up with a viable competitive team, but it is a tricky one.Seems Alolan Marowak is the most popular guy out there, so counters to that seems key.

So far it's Talonflame - Celesteela - Tapu Koko - Alolan Marowak. Kinda want to throw in Aegislash, but then I'm wary of being too weak to Ground types. I guess options would be a Dragon or Water type, but not sure which.