Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

I was going for a Berserk Drampa last night to finish off my team. I swear to god these Sap Sipper losers called for help THIRTY TIMES without success.

Accidentally killed both. Started a new battle. Very first Drampa has Berserk.

I hate this game.

• Like 2

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing around doing random challenges in various games to make them more enjoyable.  Currently I'm like halfway through a Nuzlocke variant called a Soul Link.  Basically Nuzlocke rules apply except I'm playing Fire Red and Leaf Green games and the Pokemon I catch from each route are linked.  They both have to be on the team for me to use them and if one dies it's pair in the other game dies as well.  Plus to make it even harder I can only have one of each type on both teams (so if I have Charmander on one team I can't have any other fire types on either team).  This only counts for their primary type so Bulbasaur who is Grass/Poison only counts as Grass and I can still use a Poison type.  I'm also using a randomizer with trainers powered up 15% in level

Currently just beat Silph Co.  My active pairs are:
Hitmonchan - Exploud
Swalot - Venusaur
Donphan - Dragonite
Aerodactyl - Duskull
Blastoise - Absol

My starters were Gastly and Pinsir who died thanks to a Critical Self Destruct.  I did the Fighting Dojo and the leader had a level 43 Metagross that cost me Slowbro (linked with Omastar who were my Route 1 combo) and Misdreavus (linked with Quilava who I just got at Pokemon Tower) but I got the Blastoise/Absol combo out of it.  The only other pairs I don't have are a Mareep/Beldum combo because I couldn't catch the Beldum and my Silph Co. present (replacing Lapras) which was Cloyster/Wingull because they are both Water types and therefor cannot be used.

I've just started a semi-randomized relaxed Nuzlocke Fire Red myself. Not limiting myself to catching the first Pokemon, and the starters were randomized within the set types. Currently about to head through Viridian Forest with Pooch (Level 7 Growlithe) and Santino (Level 5 Ekans), which is the furthest I've gotten in a Pokemon game in at least a year. :P 

• 2 weeks later...

Girlfriend got me Sun for Christmas, just finished Melemele Island.  Going to on and off work on getting a living Pokedex and pursue a nother goal I've had for years that I just never got around to doing that requires a living dex (though legendaries are less important for this).

I've caught two shinies before (Magikarp and Feebas), and I was using chain fishing to catch them. I've bred a shiny Pichu (by accident) and a shiny Togepi (on purpose) before as well. Never randomly encountered a shiny in the wild without actively trying for it.

In a lower end estimate of 2000 hours of Pokémon (it's probably at least double that, if I am honest) I have encountered two non-story/event shinies. One was a Raticate on the original Pokémon Silver that I could not keep because of issues between trading between Gen 2 and Gen 3, and the other?

In Black 2 I got a shiny version of this guy...

tumblr_myu3c7wtHp1t6mtrzo1_500.gif

Which I'd be fine with if the storyline Red Gyarados wasn't already the single most famous and common shiny in the game's history <_<

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Maybe a dumb question, how would you know they're hacked?

There's a little star symbol or something in the info screen of mons achieved legitimately. It wasn't there for the Palkia I got. Nintendo keeps saying they're going to cut down on hacked mons but they never actually do.

22 hours ago, Katsuya loves Oslo said:

I bred a shiny Sandile last month which was pretty sweet, since he had good stats and stuff and would be somewhat usable. Shiny Krookodile isn't one of the awesome ones but he looks cool enough.

Shiny Krookodile looks like someone cleaned up vomit with the sand that he was chilling out in :shifty:

• Like 1