Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Went a major catching spree on my Soul Link now that I got rid of Snorlax.  I still have about 15 encounters left under Nuzlocke rules but for the first time I have a party of 6 on each team and they are pretty weird.

Red Team: Moltres, Beedrill, Pikachu, Seviper, Umbreon and Trapinch
Green Team: Jirachi, Roselia, Whiscash, Hitmonchan, Girafarig and Haunter

That leaves Psychic, Rock, Dragon and Ice as the types I do not have on the teams.  I hope I can get a better pair than Umbreon and Girafarig but this is the only way I can have 6 pairs.  I have some really good pairs in my PC but they would all require me to remove 2 pairs in the team to use one of them (and the 3 best ones all would require me to lose Moltres/Jirachi).

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up to Cinnabar Island, had some losses due to the level jump for Gyms 5/6.

Red Team: Moltres, Raichu, Seviper, Vileplume, Houndoom
Green Team: Jirachi, Whiscash, Hitmonchan, Flygon, Delibird

I've lost 12 pairs and been unable to catch 9.  Six of those failed catches were because of Self Destruct/Roar/Teleport.

I have very few potential catches left.  I'll get a few from the Islands and then a last one at Victory Road.  Hopefully I can get a 6th team member for the Elite 4, otherwise my Green Team is going in with 4 team members and Delibird.... Delibird only has Present and Fly because I can't find anything else to teach it.

Game Freak has revealed that Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will be the last titles in the Pokemon franchise to come to the handheld DS line, strongly suggesting that any future core games will be exclusively available on the Nintendo Switch. 

In a recent interview with IGN, the director of Game Freak, Shigeru Ohmori, said that the company has pushed the 3DS to its limits and achieved all it can on the platform:

“When we were making Pokemon X and Y, we really were trying to push the 3DS system to its absolute limits - which is what we thought we’d done. But when Sun and Moon came around, we completely redesigned the system, and actually ended up pushing the 3DS even further to what we thought was the most we could draw out of it.”

It makes sense that the developer is now looking to move away from the console given that staying with it will only hinder advancements in the series. 

“With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon we’ve tried to eke that out more and really, really push the system to its absolute limits," Ohmori said, "and we’re now feeling that perhaps this is the maximum of what we can get out. So we’re really treating Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as the culmination of our work with the 3DS system.”

If that's the case I'll be getting a Switch the second a full game comes out on it. I've waited 20 years for a full Pokémon game on a home console.

There's also the fact that the 3DS was already struggling sometimes with X and Y, let alone Sun and Moon. I know Horde battles and weather effects in X and Y would cause noticeable framerate drops, and Sun and Moon it happened with some Z-moves as well. If they want to continue to build on the Pokemon games they have to move to the Switch.

• Like 1

On to the Elite 4!

Red Team: Moltres, Raichu, Seviper, Vileplume, Houndoom and Tauros
Green Team: Jirachi, Whiscash, Hitmonchan, Flygon, Delibird and Banette

Part of me wants to swap Raichu/Whiscash out for Sharpedo/Raikou but I don't want to do anymore grinding unless I lose a pair.  Plus I wouldn't be able to take all 6 pairs into Victory Road since Green wouldn't have Surf.  I still find it ridiculous that Tauros gets Surf.

I'm bummed, I'm not even sure I'll bother getting USUM on release day, which would be a first for Pokémon games for me. I've still not finished Moon and despite a few attempts to try this last fortnight, I really don't care.

This really sucks cause I finally had a complete dex for the first time ever after XY but now I just can't find motivation to give a shit.

I did it!

Moltres, Tauros, Houndoom, Seviper, Raichu and Vileplume
Jirachi, Banette, Whiscash, Flygon, Delibird and Hitmonchan

8vB7I3S.pngQn1iTca.png

Red was mostly a team of Pokemon I like and am glad I got to use (Tauros, Houndoom and Seviper) or just pretty decent mons.  Green was a team of mostly people I wouldn't use but it was fun to use Banette, Whiscash and Hitmonchan.  I just wish Flygon had a Ground move.  Delibird was the only really bad Pokemon I had to go with and didn't ever get an Ice type move.  He was literally just there.  Gonna see if I can set this up with Heart Gold and Soul Silver next!

• Like 4