Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

We're gonna head to the local park in an hour or two. That's where Baddarina got her Regice the other day after 11 of us in total took him down. Hopefully I can get at least a shot at getting Zapdos today, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Like 1

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Both got Zapdos! She got hers from the first raid, got mine in the 2nd. There were 6 of us taking it on altogether.

How do you find out the IV %?

There’s an app (PokeGenie) or you can use an online calculator, though I don’t gave the link (but if you google IV Calculator it should appear).

• Like 1

• Admin

2 out of 4 for me. Raging 😒 although with those 4 raids I’m just ~10k XP off level 30 now.

Caught a shit load of Swablus today as well combined with pinap berries. Up to 240 candies or so now.

• Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Ok so I had 6 Zapdos candy so powered it up a couple of times. Now the IV is saying 31%-84%. I don't understand what any of this means but I'm happy I got one anyway!

You can use the options in the advanced section to narrow down the range of IVs. 

Was hoping for a shiney today also. 😞

About 40 people did a raid parade that I joined. I probably said three words to anyone. And when it was over everyone just walked seperate ways without saying bye. It was perfect.

• Admin
7 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I saw a group of people on a Zapdos raid as I was driving home from work, but just carried on going. Hooray for social anxiety.

5 hours ago, Carparama said:

I'd assume people would just be happy you're helping them. :)

We are going out in our small city in hopes people will join us.

5 hours ago, Walker said:

About 40 people did a raid parade that I joined. I probably said three words to anyone. And when it was over everyone just walked seperate ways without saying bye. It was perfect.

Considering what my job is I’m incredibly socially awkward when it comes to this sort of thing. The past few occasions, one of them being today, I just latched onto a group of 7 other people and didn’t actually speak to any of them - I just followed them about. Yesterday with the EX raid, I went to the particular gym and there must have been 20/30 people there. I walked up, entered the public battle and within second a girl was calling out my trainer name and came over to give me the private group code - I think I said hi and that was it. 

It doesn’t help that I don’t have Facebook and can’t actually engage with anyone outside of the actual community days or raid events.

Just had my first uncomfortable/annoying moment playing the game.

Baddarina joined a group that organises doing Raids together, and there was an Absol in a park about 10 minutes away. We walked over and met up with 7 others, and surprisingly all of them were older than us, with two guys who had to be 50+. Wasn't expecting that.

Before we got started, a guy with a council t-shirt on walked over and asked what we were all doing (we were standing outside a park with children inside, so I get why he might have been concerned), but a couple of them told him we were playing Pokemon and he said that's fine, and started to walk away with his massive binoculars around his neck and said "I thought that game was for kids". 

Now, nobody said anything, and it was the first time I'd seen that group of people so I didn't either, but I've got home now and it's pissing me off that I didn't make a comment. It's irritated me. I get that you're looking out for the safety of children, but why make a comment like that? If anything like it happens again, I won't be holding back.

My endeavours today are learning that my Go account that I had when it came out has reared its ugly head, and my current one has seemingly deleted itself. It's a good thing the only thing of value I lost was my friends list.

Apologies again for the lack of gifts coming from me, I just never seem to find any at the limited Pokéstops I have access to.

That said a new one has just been added to my village (I'm not a fan of war memorials being used as them but I'll take what I can get) so there's a chance I can get some more.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Walker said:

Exploits from today ...

Screenshot_20180722-210443_Pokmon GO.jpgScreenshot_20180722-210421_Pokmon GO.jpgScreenshot_20180722-210342_Pokmon GO.jpgScreenshot_20180722-210327_Pokmon GO.jpg

Alolan Ninetails is so much cooler than the normal Ninetails. Same with Sandslash also. The Dugtrio is just weirdly random. 😂

Were these egg hatches or encounters? I happened across a Ursaring a few days ago, not the sort of Pokémon I’d usually expect to find in the wild.