Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Playing Emerald for the first time and I forgot how scarred I was playing Ruby by the 8th Gym's Kingdra as a kid.

Fuck that prick! Basically no weaknesses, impossible to hit with its double team and ice beam 1HKOs most of my team. It also rests to recover HP and has a berry that instantly wakes it.

Just have to over level Altaria and hope Dragon attacks take him down before the ice beam gets my guy!

• Like 1

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Carparama said:

Toxic/Protect that mofo. :D

Won't work if it has Rest, TBF.

From memory an easy way around it is to Confuse or Paralyse it, since you're more likely to break its stall, or find a good bulky Taunt user and then Toxic it. I want to say Ludicolo can do all that.

EDIT: Or Metagross, for that matter. Pretty certain Kindra has absolutely 0 than can touch it.
EDIT2: Nope, I'm thinking of Dusclops, because I'm an idiot.

Edited by Katsuya
  • Like 1

I basically have my team set now, it'll take too much time to train a new Pokemon. Status effects do nothing because of rest and the fucker doesn't even sleep for a single turn.

I can feel the repressed memories coming back!😂 If I level up Manectric and Alteria I'll beat it with force. Manectric knows shock wave which cannot miss, gets round the double team spamming at least!

Dragon/Water combo is crazy powerful.

• Like 1

Getting access to a lv.70 Rayquaza before facing the Pokemon League in Emerald seems a bit cheap. All my Pokemon are around 40 and now I have this unstoppable fucker in my team too. I could just not use him but I want to because I never had him!

Gonna do Fire Red after this. Haven't played that since there was a playthrough on here years ago!

• Like 1

Do it! The MyBoy emulator on Android is amazing. Allows you to speed up the gameplay too which means you can race through the game and grind levels quickly. Takes away the only non-fun part for me!

• Admin
12 hours ago, Baddar said:

Just made my first Ultra Friend. Had a lucky egg equipped so that's a tidy 100k XP. 😎

I need this! Half way to 500k atm.

Also, I finally have enough Swablu candy to get an Altaria 😎 managed to amass 70 candies over the course of a few days and then for the last 6 I needed I got a Swablu in an egg... although I’m scared to evolve just yet incase it forms part of a future special research task after the current Mew one 😒

• Admin
20 hours ago, Baddar said:

Double check how far ours is from reaching Ultra. Think the closest I am on here with one of you is @Carparama. Think we're 4 days away.

17 days for us. I forgot you could check, good shout.

Amusingly the person who I’m closest to is Trey’s wife 😂 :shifty: on 12 days.

After that it’s Jericode on 14.

I can’t open any gifts (you guys are too kind) atm cos after buying more storage I’m almost near full again (950) with no gifts of my own, so I’ve deleted some items and then I’m gonna try and stockpile a load over the coming days to be able to start sending back.

Also - shiny Eeveelutions this weekend 

17A8110A-3192-4A2A-B51C-A63C2263114B.png

Umbreon is pretty cool, as per. Espeon looks like an alien.

I got bored at night when my system had to reboot after one of those meaty Windows updates, I relented and bought the DraStic emulator off the play store and decided to follow my nostalgia boner all the way to HeartGold. It's a significantly remastered version of Gold, but just the feeling of having three recognisable starters and a recognisable region to run around in brings me all kinds of fuzzy feelings.

Now time to turn my Cyndaquil into the destroyer of worlds he's destined to become!

(Any tips for a guy that hasn't bothered with Pokémon since idk when, and who scratches his head when he hears terms such as IV/EV?)

35 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

(Any tips for a guy that hasn't bothered with Pokémon since idk when, and who scratches his head when he hears terms such as IV/EV?)

When just playing through the game, IV/EV stuff doesn't really matter. Just make sure you're leveled up enough, and you'll be fine. :)

• Like 1