Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Yeah, I was really not sure about it, but honestly it's remarkably fun. The only weird thing is how there's a massive jump up from the regular trainers to the gym leaders - which I guess makes the point of how strong they are, but it almost caught me out with Brock.

• Like 1

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Katsuya said:

Yeah, I was really not sure about it, but honestly it's remarkably fun. The only weird thing is how there's a massive jump up from the regular trainers to the gym leaders - which I guess makes the point of how strong they are, but it almost caught me out with Brock.

it is super fun. Light and breezy. Not the most fun Pokemon game, but IMO best game since Pokemon X/Y. 

My wife made me get Pokemon Go again. Got a friend code: 0926 0526 0023

I am like... 5 feet out of range of a pokestop in my house. And I'm out of balls. I wanted to try and use a gps spoofer to move a few feet.... Apparently that's a little out of my skill range.

On my walking route is a house sandwiched between a proper church (gym), the village war memorial (Poké Stop) and a smaller church/meeting place (gym), all of which the house is within the radius of.

The occupants of this house are a deeply religious family who don't allow any of their 8 children to own a mobile phone, and the family themselves don't have a TV or computer either.

This house is wasted on them.

Also I'm very much enjoying Let's Go, the joy of breaking through a combo streak to get the special Pokémon in the area is unmatched, as is when you (seemingly) randomly get 650XP for your 18th Psyduck catch.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2018 at 06:22, apsham said:

I'm playing Let's Go with my girlfriend and having a great time with it. And yeah, it's easy as hell - it's way too east, but it's the perfect way to replay Gen1 without it feeling too tedious. You get to see everything redone and can kind of just cruise through.. I like it. And it adds some things to the series that I hope stick around.

who you guys rolling with? i got charmeleon, pikachu, ivysaur, geodude, jigglypuff and psyduck. 

56 minutes ago, RPS said:

who you guys rolling with? i got charmeleon, pikachu, ivysaur, geodude, jigglypuff and psyduck. 

I never had the chance to make it terribly far - so I've got Eevee, Pikachu, Ekans and Bulbasaur locked in. Everyone else is just there to evolve and move on - though I'll probably keep Nidoqueeb around once my Nidorina evolves.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2018 at 18:55, RPS said:

Eevee, Victreebel, Hitmonlee, Golduck, Alolan Ninetales, and... Farfetch'd, which was kind of a dare to think of a total trash mon to take onto the team. With candy it's easier to make some bad mons really viable so Farfetch'd (Quack Swagger) is a defensive monster who Swords Dances up with his onion and beats the shit out of all who oppose him.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Farfetch'd sucks shit, my team is now

* Eevee
* Golduck
* Alolan Ninetales
* Alolan Muk (an absolute monster actually, the game is just not set up to deal with Dark types)
* Rapidash (my new "let's see what this dumbass can do" mon except he sucks way less than Farfetch'd)
* I dunno, a sixth thing, I've sorta got a Haunter in the spot right now as a placeholder but I'm not really feeling it. 

I've been leaning towards an Alolan team myself, I've been trying to use stuff I've not really used before. They tend to tie into that (outside of Geodude) and obviously they have that unique look to them. This is what I have at the moment:

Growlithe
Alolan Sandshrew
Alolan Raticate
Clefairy
Gloom
Shiny Nidorina

Need to go scour Mt Moon for some moon stones.

34 minutes ago, Ruki said:

How is Let's Go?

I really love it. It streamlines a lot of things and eliminates some (abilities are gone, held items are gone) but TBH I don't really miss them and it's much more chill to play. People will tell you it's way easier but Pokemon was never really hard, it was just a grind, and this is less of one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sousa said:

I really love it. It streamlines a lot of things and eliminates some (abilities are gone, held items are gone) but TBH I don't really miss them and it's much more chill to play. People will tell you it's way easier but Pokemon was never really hard, it was just a grind, and this is less of one.

This is a great take. I find it no easier or harder than the last 2 Pokemon games. It is easier than the Original Blue/Red/Yellow series. 

I would prefer if Pokemon mainline series became slightly more difficult and they made these Lets Go remakes which were easier.