Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

• Admin
16 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I wasn't aware of the Gyarados task before it was too late, I'm at 290 odd now but when the task started I had less than 100. Finding a damn Ditto was hard enough on the previous one.

@kliq just wait until Hallowe'en, it's nothing but Ghost types. And Meowths.

Think I had 70 or so. Generally I wouldn’t have bothered catching Magikarp as trying to get 400 for a Gyrados just seemed an impossible task, but when I looked up the full details of A Mythical Discovery and saw that it was essential I used all the Pinap berries I’d harvested and caught every one in sight. The few that I got from eggs helped as well.

Don’t think I want to wait that long though. 😫 

7 hours ago, Stick Stickly said:

I redownloaded GO! a few weeks back. Also stuck on part 5 of the mythical discovery. Super hype for this weekend though as its GO!'s second anniversary, and a community weekend.

4229 0725 7143 for those interested.

What bit of part 5 are you stuck on?

6 hours ago, Trey said:

I have to work both time slots for the event so that sucks. I also added a few of you (finalfinally here) and my wife added you guys as well (bemobee) since I sent her the codes to copy over. She quite enjoys the out of the USA gift locations you guys have sent and wanted to let you guys know 😂

It starts at 10am UK time and I’m out for a 30th birthday party tonight... so it’s looking like I’m going to have to drag myself out of bed tomorrow morning because the Blastoise I have I evolved in a hurry during the last community day (without appraising it) and it’s not much cop! Just wanted it to be able to say I finally had a Blastoise.

My code is 8556 7358 3030 for anyone that hasn’t already added me.

Got my first Snorlax today also. 😎

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Nerf said:

Late to the party, but why disappointment? I haven't really been following but it looks amazing. I've been crying out for something like this game for like two decades.

The catching system is the same shitty one Pokemon Go has and no traditional wild encounters either. HMs and a few other things are absent too. 

It's basically a simplified version of Pokemon Yellow to cater to the Go fans. As somebody who grew up obsessed with the RPGs I just feel like this is a missed opportunity. I hated Sun and Moon too though so I'm a bit jaded with the way the main series is going in general.

I went out for the Community Day (just a 90 minute walk around my village) and caught about 30-40 Squirtles, no shinies though. Got the Sunglasses Squirtle (it's not a Squirtle Squad one, the glasses are wrong) which is now a Sunglasses Blastoise with Hydro Cannon.

Also hatched a load of eggs thanks to the x4 hatching speed.

By the way, sorry if anyone doesn't get gifts from me, I only spin about five Poké Stops a day and with 10 friends there's not always enough to go round.

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

I went out for the Community Day (just a 90 minute walk around my village) and caught about 30-40 Squirtles, no shinies though. Got the Sunglasses Squirtle (it's not a Squirtle Squad one, the glasses are wrong) which is now a Sunglasses Blastoise with Hydro Cannon.

Also hatched a load of eggs thanks to the x4 hatching speed.

By the way, sorry if anyone doesn't get gifts from me, I only spin about five Poké Stops a day and with 10 friends there's not always enough to go round.

Well if you're ChrisVDW by chance my wife loved the location of the Water Turbine so much she went out of her way to show it to me. 

I still can't get over all the minor improvements that made major strides for this game in the time I spent not playing.

• Like 1

• Admin

Took a week off there due to a public holiday but back into the swing of things again, anyone else that has added me has been accepted and most people should have received gifts from me also. Due to not being out I’ve a bit of a backlog of items so I had to delete some stuff to accept any that were sent to me!

Noticed I’d received my first ever EX raid pass which I found rather confusing as at the start I didn’t know you had to click on it to tell you when and where the raid would be. Going to have to take an extended lunch on Friday to take part. 🤫

• Admin
6 hours ago, Jerazil said:

How the fuck do I find a Ditto?

With great difficulty. I started catching everything I encountered as I had stopped because I was fed up wasting pokeballs on the usual suspects like Pidgeys and Rattatas. Whether it was because of that or because there was an increased chance of encountering Dittos due to whatever event was on at the time I don’t know (it wasn’t clear if it meant Dittos in the wild or via field research encounters) but it ended up being a Rattata anyway. 

Went to go out after work tonight but seems it was down worldwide. 😕 

I have a few hundred candy of very common pokemon trying to find a ditto. I now need to catch the ghosts. So far, I've come across one.

Caught my Ditto for the mission just now. A Zigzagoon spawned next to me and kept escaping the balls, so I had a feeling it could be him. Got it on the 4th attempt. Just got the 10 ghosts left to catch now which...isn't happening.

34 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

How are so many of you catching a Regice? <_<?

If it popped up on your feed that I did, I didn't.

Was just in a raid with my missus, step-daughter and 8 others, and we won, but i failed to catch him. My gf did though. It popped up on my step-daughter's feed that I'd got him though. Way to rub it in. 

• Admin
13 hours ago, Baddar said:

Caught my Ditto for the mission just now. A Zigzagoon spawned next to me and kept escaping the balls, so I had a feeling it could be him. Got it on the 4th attempt. Just got the 10 ghosts left to catch now which...isn't happening.

Based on what someone said upthread it looks like we’re having to wait til Halloween to complete the ghost part 😒