Pokémon

PkmnTrainerJ

Question... 

I don't know if I am moving slow in Pokemon Sun, but

a) There seems to be a lack of diverse Pokemon available to be caught early on or is it just me? It is super heavy for the first gen Pokemon. And just a lot of Dark Pokemon as well. 

b) Also, there hasn't been a whole lot of Pokemon to catch. Like I make it to route 5 and there is still Pokemon that I was encountering from Route 1 there. That never seemed to be the case in older games. It felt like once I was done with Route 1, I didn't see those Pokemon later on in the games. Am I on crack or is that rue?  

c) I don't know if I am just going really slow, but my team is level 20+ and I am facing wild pokemon of level 12-14. I feel like maybe I am just going super slow. am I moving to slow? 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, RPS said:

Question... 

I don't know if I am moving slow in Pokemon Sun, but

a) There seems to be a lack of diverse Pokemon available to be caught early on or is it just me? It is super heavy for the first gen Pokemon. And just a lot of Dark Pokemon as well. 

b) Also, there hasn't been a whole lot of Pokemon to catch. Like I make it to route 5 and there is still Pokemon that I was encountering from Route 1 there. That never seemed to be the case in older games. It felt like once I was done with Route 1, I didn't see those Pokemon later on in the games. Am I on crack or is that rue?  

c) I don't know if I am just going really slow, but my team is level 20+ and I am facing wild pokemon of level 12-14. I feel like maybe I am just going super slow. am I moving to slow? 

The first island pokemon were a little disapointing the only one I'm still using is Slowpoke since I piccked Litten.

If you  have completed the first trial

Spoiler

The only pokemon I'd try and get from the first island would be Pikachu and Happiny who Pichu may call in for support, if you don't want them I'd move onto the section island where things start picking up.

In older games you would find the common pokemon for a long time afterwards on just normal routes.

The new Experience Share thing tends to over level you, I actually have an active team of about 15 Pokemon that I'll swap in and out to give myself more variety and also keeping my levels relatively close to what I am facing.  Although wild pokemon are always a few levels lowers than trainers.

Despite starting on day of release, I'm still on the island with the three starter type Trial Captains. This game has not grabbed me in the slightest :(

I think I'd be much further if it wasn't so God damned slow doing everything. It seems to really take its sweet time loading anything on my 3DS. No other game has that problem, but it's really making a somewhat dull experience even more frustrating.

One of my key mistakes has been not researching what types these Pokemon become. Drifloon, Rowlet and Cubone all on my team? What could possibly go wrong when they all reach their last evolution??? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RPS said:

One of my key mistakes has been not researching what types these Pokemon become. Drifloon, Rowlet and Cubone all on my team? What could possibly go wrong when they all reach their last evolution??? 

tbf, coming up against ghost and dark are your only worries there, and ghost types are equally at risk from your ghosts so that is somewhat moot. All you need is a bug, fairy or fighting type to take out potential enemies. Azumarill has a fairy and a fighting type move in its moveset, and if you can get one with the Huge Power ability then it's pretty beastly too, plus it completes the "start type trio" of water/grass/fire you started with Marowak and Decidueye which can form a solid base of any team.

On 1/17/2017 at 08:30, Benji said:

tbf, coming up against ghost and dark are your only worries there, and ghost types are equally at risk from your ghosts so that is somewhat moot. All you need is a bug, fairy or fighting type to take out potential enemies. Azumarill has a fairy and a fighting type move in its moveset, and if you can get one with the Huge Power ability then it's pretty beastly too, plus it completes the "start type trio" of water/grass/fire you started with Marowak and Decidueye which can form a solid base of any team.

I don't think Azumarill is in Alola? Maybe I'm mistaken?

• Like 1

My team is currently Bewear, Alola Vulpix, Magneton, Slowpoke, Decidueye and Arcanine.  I did not mean for it to lean so heavy towards the original 150, but that is what we got. I am at the Aether Foundation after Lillie just got abducted. The game is good, but not great at this point. Pokemon X & Y were so great, it is really hard to Sun and Moon to live up to the hype. Definitely better than Omega and Alpha, though. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...