Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

Van Der Saar is a good signing for Man Utd hate to admit it. Big Peter said Friedel would be perfect for them, but he said he didnt think wasn't up to CL football plus domestic football plus he is very happy at Ewood Park. Nice one Bradley. (Y)

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do need someone, as I think we lost Crossley as well, or he retired, or something....I can't remember.

I was wondering where our next goalie would come from, and picking up Green would be an excellent move. £3m is the amount being bandied about in the rumours.

Guest Pirate Chasin' Booty

Green can be quality, he just needs to experience playing for a team with a half decent defence, moving to someone like Fulham would bring out the best in him.

Juventus have revealed that Giorgio Chiellini will return to Turin for next season.

Chiellini spent last season at Fiorentina and he is co-owned by the two clubs.

The defender was signed by Juventus from Livorno last summer, but went straight to Fiorentina in a co-ownership deal.

Chielllni enjoyed an impressive season with The Viola and even earned a call-up to the Italy squad.

Juve are now keen to have him in Turin and general manager Luciano Moggi insists they will have no problem in bringing him back.

"We will undoubtedly buy up the other 50 percent of Chiellini's contract," said Moggi.

"Fiorentina already know the situation and there will be no problem."

Moggi also moved to play down reports that Juve were in talks to sign Lecce's Marco Cassetti - insisting they do not need the winger.

"Cassetti is a very interesting young player and had a great campaign, but we don't need him," added Moggi.

Manchester United and Valencia has been linked with Real Zaragoza's hot prospect, David Villa, according to Skysports.

The last thing Man Utd need right now is a striker, so I don't see why they are interested. Zaragoza want 12 million euros for him, quite cheap I must say, for such a bright talent.

Manchester United and Valencia has been linked with Real Zaragoza's hot prospect, David Villa, according to Skysports.

The last thing Man Utd need right now is a striker, so I don't see why they are interested. Zaragoza want 12 million euros for him, quite cheap I must say, for such a bright talent.

Guest The Real Deal

Villa are set to offer Fulham £4m for Steed Malbranque in the next few days and Sylvain Distin from Man City in a fee due to be around £6m.

With a striker a top priority Villa are being linked with Louis Saha, Kevin Phillips and Robbie Keane.

avfc.co.uk

Edited by The Real Deal

Guest The Real Deal

I'd take Saha, he's young and has all to play for. I really can't see Phillips being motivated enough to drive Villa on, sure he's got experience but what we need really now is young players with the occasional experienced player. Berger and Hendrie do it for me, I'd rather see the money spent on someone that's going to be around in 4 years time.

Edited by The Real Deal

Competition is mounting in Scott Parker and Mikael Forssell as Everton try - seemingly in vain - to seal a quick deal for the Chelsea pair.

The Toffees made their double move late last month as they looked to beat a host of clubs to the duo.

However, various complications - including interest from other clubs - is threatening both deals.

Reports are suggesting that Forssell is not yet fully fit following knee surgery last season.

Birmingham though are very keen to resign the Finn - who was such a huge success at St Andrews the season before last, and that is putting pressure on Everton to complete a move.

Blackburn and Portsmouth are also interested, but they are behind both Everton and Birmingham in the chase.

Source - Planet Football

I wouldn't mind Forsell at Rovers at all.

• Admin

Blackburn Rovers have confirmed their interest in South African star Benni McCarthy.

The Porto striker recently admitted that he was very happy with life in Portugal, but a summer move is looking a distinct possibility.

The likes of Bolton, Newcastle, Tottenham and Chelsea have been strongly linked in recent months, but Rovers boss Mark Hughes looks to have moved to the front of the queue.

"He is a player we are interested in," said Rovers chief executive John Williams.

"We are looking at a number of options."

McCarthy also insists that Blackburn are leading the race for his signature.

"I have heard that Newcastle, Tottenham and Bolton are interested in signing me. But Blackburn are the ones following it up seriously at the moment," McCarthy has been quoted as saying.

"In Cape Town we grew up following English football and I have always wanted to play in England one day.

"I don't know what will happen but we will have to wait and see.''

McCarthy has emerged as the top striking target for Rovers as Hughes plans to bring in at least two new front-men.

Craig Bellamy is an ongoing transfer target, but a number of clubs are trailing the Newcastle man and he could be hard to nail down.

Tomislav Sokota was another option but ironically he joined Porto last week which could allow McCarthy to move to Ewood Park.

Credit - Sky Sports

Now that could be interesting.

• Admin

Me and NBT talked about him. I think he has the skills and all, just worried about his work ethic, especially in the cold winter.

Not too concerned about his work ethic really - we've got 10 other players on the park providing that. I just want one who can stick the ball in the back of the net when he gets a chance!

Rab Douglas Signs for Leicester City

Douglas060605.gif

Rab Douglas' experience could be crucial in helping Leicester City realise their goal of promotion to the Premiership, according to Craig Levein.

The City manager is delighted to have beaten off competition from other clubs to secure Douglas' services for the next three years.

And Levein believes the 33-year-old's experience of playing in high-pressure games and in front of large crowds will rub off on the younger players.

"We have been working on this transfer for a fair bit of time," said Levein.

"Rab is someone who was in high demand and we are very happy that we have managed to sell the club to him.

"It's taken a lot of work behind the scenes but he is someone who will be a great asset."

Levein added: "We are looking to change the culture of the club by bringing in younger and hungrier players.

"We have done that to an extent but I am also conscious you can't have 11 younger players in the side, you have to have a smattering of experience.

"We will be having a relatively new defence next season and I wanted to bring in someone with experience of the highest level to help the players in front of him with organising the defence.

"It's something Rab can do without too much trouble.

"He has played in front of 60,000 people, in cup finals regularly, UEFA Cup Finals and in important games for Celtic and Scotland.

"Playing in front of full houses here, which we hope will be the case, is not going to be a problem for Rab Douglas."

After helping Celtic dominate Scottish football in recent years Douglas, who was out of contract at Celtic Park, was keen to test himself in England.

And Levein is confident the 6ft 3in keeper will prove a hit at the Walkers Stadium.

"He has proved himself in Scotland," said Levein. "But there's always something within players that they want to prove themselves at all levels.

"This is an opportunity for him to prove he can get us up to the Premiership.

"We are ambitious and so is Rab. We see ourselves as a team that will be up towards the top end next season and he sees it as a challenge that he wants to be a part of."

Levein also revealed that Douglas is likely to be the No.1 for the start of the season.

However, he expects Paul Henderson, his other new goalkeeper, to push hard for the jersey.

"Rab's experience will give him a start before Paul," said Levein.

"We feel that Paul is a talented keeper who is on his way up and competition is vital.

"I want someone pushing Rab hard and Paul will do just that."

Leeds are set to sign Brighton and England Under 21 left back on July 1st. "Leeds beat off a number of other clubs in the Championship and Premiership to secure his services." Insurance in case Michael Gray doesn't sign permanently I suppose.

On a related note, does anyone know if the transfer window has been put into effect for teams below the Premiership? I remember reading that it was planned to be enforced but the various clubs were trying to block it.