Official Transfer Thread

Guest The Real Deal

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and NBT talked about him. I think he has the skills and all, just worried about his work ethic, especially in the cold winter.

Not too concerned about his work ethic really - we've got 10 other players on the park providing that. I just want one who can stick the ball in the back of the net when he gets a chance!

Well, Dickov knows where the net is. >_>

At least McCarty has the pace to actually trouble defenses in that fashion.

We have been linked with Fernando Torres again. So, our possible targets for a striker are now: Adriano (my preferred choice), Benni McCarthy(still the most likely,IMO), Alberto Gilardino and now Torres.

And Manchester Utd's interest in Park Ji-Sung seems to be gaining some momentum.

Southampton have reportedly rejected a £5m Liverpool bid for Peter Crouch.

Boss Harry Redknapp wants the England striker, 24, to spearhead Saints' attempt to win promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt.

Southampton are thought to value the 6ft 7in forward - who they signed for £2m from Aston Villa in July 2004 - at about £7m.

Crouch, who made his England debut against Colombia on 31 May, scored 16 goals for Saints last season.

Redknapp admitted last week that it would be tricky for Southampton to hold on to one of their prized assets following relegation to the Championship.

The striker would receive a far higher salary in the Premiership - and his England chances will be hindered if he is not playing top-division football.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is keen to sign a striker, as Milan Baros seems set to leave Anfield this summer.

Reds will up bid to land Crouch Jun 8 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL will step up their bid to sign Peter Crouch by increasing their £5m valuation.

Southampton have placed an extraordinary £7m price tag on striker, although Saints boss Harry Redknapp is privately resigned to losing the 24-year-old striker.

Liverpool hoped Crouch would leave for a bargain fee in the aftermath of his club's relegation from the Premiership, but manager Rafa Benitez is determined to sign the forward and negotiations will advance when chief executive Rick Parry returns to the country in a few days.

Despite an inflated valuation, the 6ft 7 inch forward still represents a cheaper option than Feyenoord's Dirk Kuyt, who is valued at £10m.

Crouch could finally join the Reds for around £6m.

England international Crouch has suffered the indignity of having his wages halved by Southampton in the aftermath of relegation.

His salary has been cut from £9,000 a week to £4,500 by chairman Rupert Lowe, which would make the club helpless if Liverpool make their move.

After weeks of speculation, Liverpool are still considering many of their other options in transfer market, although Benitez hopes to seal most of his deals before the players return to pre-season training on June 27.

Much still depends on UEFA's verdict regarding Champions League qualification, now expected on Friday.

Goalkeeper Jose Reina is heading to Merseyside in a £6m deal, while Real Zaragoza's defender Gabriel Milito is expected to follow when his international duty with Argentina ends.

With regards to outgoings, Lyon have openly admitted they're interested in signing striker Milan Baros.

While the Reds would welcome all bids which meet a £7m valuation, the Czech star's previously fraught relationship with ex-boss Gerard Houllier could be a stumbling block to a deal.

Baros publicly stated he would have quit Anfield last season if Houllier had remained in charge, making any bid to reunite the duo very surprising.

Despite morning reports, Deportivo La Coruna winger Albert Luque is not an Anfield target.

I have read stories today that Hleb would like to join Arsenal.

I also read down at Arsenal-Mania several rumours, first off, the doctor who said about Flamini's doctor has apparently said that there are two players set for medicals at Highbury in the next week, take it with a pinch of salt.

The other is that both Stuttgart and Arsenal are 90% sure of a figure for Hleb, they just need to finalise the fee and then Hleb will fly to London after his international game with Belarus to discuss personal terms and have a medical.

This Hleb thing definatley sounds interesting and he would be a great addition to the squad, he seems to excel in European games, which is what we need and give us that extra pace on the wing.

Freeing up wages for Dellas, Quashie and McFadden :):P

Lovenkrands is shite, its either that money or nothing at the end of the season.

Shota was a good servant for us, but it was his time to move on.

Confused about Zurab, got a new contract a few months back too :huh: I'm wondering if he fell out with Management.

Edited by Viper.

• Admin

Birmingham are poised to unveil Chelsea striker Mikael Forssell as their first major summer signing on Friday.

Manager Steve Bruce has returned from holiday to complete the deal.

Bruce swooped to land the 24-year-old, a major success on loan in 2003/4, after Everton pulled out of a deal amid reported concerns about a knee injury.

Spurs also wanted Finnish star Forssell as part of a compensation package for sporting director Frank Arnesen, who is set to move to Chelsea.

When Everton's move for Forssell stalled, Birmingham seized on the chance to sign a player they have long admired and managing director Karren Brady worked on a compromise package with Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon.

While Chelsea would rather receive a straight fee for Forssell, Birmingham would prefer a pay-as-you-play agreement or to take him on another loan.

They are mindful of Forssell's knee condition which meant that his second season on loan was cut short last September after just a handful of appearances.

Forssell was a massive hit on loan at St Andrews, netting 19 goals - including 17 in the Premiership.

Credit - BBC

Crouch on £4,500 a week?!?!

Ahhh reminds me of the good old days.

Apparantly Scott Parker is most likely set for Newcastle now (up to £6,500,000) as they will match his £55,000 a week wages.

Everton refuse to go above £4,500 and Spurs are still the outsiders of the three.

Atkins wants Southend duo - agent

Bristol Rovers want to sign striker Lawrie Dudfield, 25, and midfielder Jay Smith, 23, from Southend, according to Dudfield's agent Richard Cody.

Dudfield and Smith have both rejected offers of new contracts.

"I am in negotiations with Rovers about Lawrie. They started some time ago. Ian Atkins is also monitoring Jay," Cody told Southend's official website.

"Lawrie is only interested in a club with potential and quality and Ian Atkins' interest excites us."

Freeing up wages for Dellas, Quashie and McFadden :):P

Lovenkrands is shite, its either that money or nothing at the end of the season.

Shota was a good servant for us, but it was his time to move on.

Confused about Zurab, got a new contract a few months back too  :huh: I'm wondering if he fell out with Management.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Zurab leaving is mainly what pissed me off. He's good for a young player, I thought after a few years he'd make a solid addition to the first team. But Schalke's a good team, he'll do well there.

Edited by Booker T & The MG's

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce said he was delighted to have beaten off competition to sign Mikael Forssell.

The 24-year-old Finnish striker completed his £3m move from Chelsea to Birmingham on Friday.

Bruce said: "Mikael has always been my number one target. I am delighted that we have got him here.

"Nine clubs were after him, and the reason so many teams chased him was because of what he did a year ago playing for Birmingham." 

Forssell held talks with Everton about a move to Goodison Park, but when they stalled on a deal Bruce made sure he got his man.

"As soon as we knew he was available, we had to act," he added.

"We all know what he can do for us, we saw him score 19 goals for in a Birmingham shirt, and I am sure he can do that again.

"He's the type of footballer that everyone would want to have at their club, not just because of his football ability, but the way he conducts himself on and off the pitch as a professional."

taken from www.bbc.co.uk/sport

We have been linked with another striker, Nihat from Real Sociedad, according to Skysports.com

And Del Horno's agent insists that he is coming to Stamford Bridge, amidst reports that we are tying up a deal for Kaladze. Whch could mean: a)We will have 3 left backs next season b)Gallas/Bridge will be sold c)One of them is not coming to Chelsea after all.