The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

I'm sure this has been covered in the topic, but know of any sites that I can get some books?

Recent and some old school stuff would be nice. The place I have by me is downright awful.

Thanks guys.

Do you have any flea markets nearby? Usually you can find some comic books there, or at least the ones in my area.

So Ultimate X-Men Vol 16 (Cable) comes out on Tuesday... I'm going to order that, but as my other books are still waiting to be published (New Avengers and The Ultimates), I was hoping to get some suggestions as to what other book I should start reading.

I'm looking for something in the mainstream continuity, hopefully that doesn't involve any of the New Avengers.

I've heard good things abotu cable and deadpool?

Can anyone help me? I'm looking for essential, or just very good TPB's that fit between where the UK Collectors Editions are now and the House of M story.

If possible, recommendations for Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Captain America, Thor, Wolverine and Deadpool.

Cable & Deadpool is excellent.

Cable & Deadpool is over rated, but consistent, you're almost always guaranteed not to want to just skip ahead and read another comic you bought, but at the same time, you'll rarely find something that is a 'selling point' in one issue. Worth a shot for sure, but give it a few issues before you judge it properly.

Cable and Deadpool, unfortunately, isn't an option, as the first TPB is listed as Unavailble to Order for now... I'll check back on it in a month or two though.

Anything else worth reading, that isn't completely contradictory to my tastes... or DC...ugh.

I personally suggest you catch up on Immortal Iron Fist, it's kind of a kung fu story mixed in with modern business and some really under rated art. I was very sceptical about Iron Fist before reading, but it's quite an interesting little tale. Punisher: War Journal has been and will definately be a worthy purchase, as is MAX Punisher. Amazing Spider-man is always going to be a must no matter what is happening. Thunderbolts is a great book, it'd be my one to watch, any team containing the Green Goblin, Venom and Bullseye is going to be interesting, but the best part of it is that even though they'e technically the 'good guys', the book almost always takes the view of the people they're hunting, the real good guys, it's a novel concept and has been interesting since the new team was born.

I've not even read it yet, but seeing as he's my favourite character I'll suggest the upcoming Namor the Sub-Mariner mini-series.

Thanks Benji.

I used to collect the original run of Thunderbolts comics...back before anyone even knew it was Zemo... and looking at what's happened thus far, I think I'm going to start with New Thunderbolts #1. There's only four TPB's out for me to catch up on, so I'll order them all at once when I order UXM Vol 16.

Speaking of Zemo, the Thunderbolts Presents: Zemo, Born Better miniseries looks pretty cool. I'll be getting that too, when it comes out.

It's totally skippable, just a little bit of character building really, I'm not sure how much $12 is exactly, but most my trades are about £10 so I'd say it's probably more worth checking out something more significant in terms of the overall Marvel U, or better yet, checking out any Ultimate U if you haven't already.

Just read the first two Annihilation hardbacks and I have to say I'm generally impressed. Annihilus himself doesn't seem too amazing, but certain characters are done really well. Particularly, I liked Drax and Ronan, with Nova and The Silver Surfer following closely behind.

Yeah, Ronan is badass...

Also

Tenebrous seems to have potential, though Aegis does nothing for me.

The following link contains potentially MASSIVE spoilers in concerns to the mutant status of Marvel and all X-Men teams, so be warned....

Here.

Ok...that is ridiculous if that many X-Men are killed. I can take a few, but that many? That is nuts. Although somehow I think that's the last image is a cover, which generally over-does things.

Edited by TMM

So, at the end of december, Keith gave me a 20 pound Gift Certificate for Amazon.co.uk... (thanks again, Keith)... but my item has been delayed since then. Today, I got another delay email, and got fed up with it, so I cancelled my order, and instead ordered Ultimate Spider-Man volumes 1 through 4.

How far behind does that put me? haha.

I personally suggest you catch up on Immortal Iron Fist, it's kind of a kung fu story mixed in with modern business and some really under rated art. I was very sceptical about Iron Fist before reading, but it's quite an interesting little tale.

The following link contains potentially MASSIVE spoilers in concerns to the mutant status of Marvel and all X-Men teams, so be warned....

Here.

There is no way that is going to stick. At all. If it does it's a terrible idea, and if it doesn't then it's just another "major event" copout. Pass.

Also, for the sake of it, Comic Books I am Currently Buying: Runaways, Birds of Prey (but only until the arc with the Secret Six ends; I will buy absolutely anything with them in it if Gail Simone is writing it. They are, by far, my favorite team in the DCU), The Spirit, Nova, and... actually that's it.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Why Not:

Marvel: Astonishing X-Men, Cable & Deadpool, Daredevil, Iron-Fist, New Avengers, X-Men

At the moment I'm getting those 'Fallen Son' specials that have been quite good so far. I also collected the X-Men: First Class limited series that ended last month, but they are making it a regular series, so I'll buy a few issues and see how it goes.

I forget the company, and the exact name of the series, but I'm getting that new (ish) Star Trek: The Next Generation comic as well.

Finally, I believe that the tpb of Doctor Strange: The Oath came out today. If you don't buy it, I'll consume your soul.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy