Official Premiership 06/07 thread

Liam

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seems about right for a touted future England manager.

"I got us into Europe. I can't be arsed to try and actually win anything now we're there. We could've been in the Champions League, but meh. Too much like hard work."

Seriously though, you spend eight years building a team, then walk away as soon as you start to achieve something? Seems a bit odd to me, but then, he couldn't even be bothered to sit on the bench for most of their games ¬_¬

I guess it's his decision (obviously...), it's just a rather strange one. Could he not even wait until the end of the season? Put his holiday back two entire weeks?

I guess the reason it's surprising is because it's Sam Allardyce. He's been there for like, 20 years or something now including his playing time. It's not like he was randomly appointed as their manager.

Edited by Farmer Reil

He's probably the kind of manager that thrives off a challenge, taking a team and making them into something much better, but not bothering to make them go that step, instead of sticking with them he resigns to build up another club.

The fucker needs to realise that this isn't FM and you don't just build up a club for a bit and then try and build up another >_<

I was thinking that, as soon as I read my favourite resignation-related phrase:

"I've done all I can at the club".

Translation: I'm not good enough to go from mediocre to good, I'm fucking off to a shite club and becoming a hero there by taking them from shite to mediocre.

However, there is one good thing to come of all this: No more Ricky Sbragia on Match of the Day. God he's a tit.

He's probably the kind of manager that thrives off a challenge, taking a team and making them into something much better, but not bothering to make them go that step, instead of sticking with them he resigns to build up another club.

The fucker needs to realise that this isn't FM and you don't just build up a club for a bit and then try and build up another >_<

Starting new games is cheating anyway.

This is quite a shock though, Sam could've made Bolton accomplish even more I feel. I'm curious where he'll go from here. He won't get the England job until at least right after Euro 08 I would suspect. It leaves two options. Obviously another club, or try his hand in international managing with someone somewhere as he waits to become England manager.

Or it just means he can't deal with the pressure of actually managing a good club and instead thrives off the clubs with little expectations so he doesn't deal with sitting on the hot seat week in, week out.

NOTW reported that he was leaving because the asian group that is set to take over Man City want him in. There he is set to have all debts removed and be given a £50m transfer kitty, to start work on getting them to the top six clubs in the world.

So says the NOTW.

Starting new games is cheating anyway.