Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do people think of the match engine?

What I really didn't like about '06 was that you could tell when your players thought they were in possesion, they'd make forward runs and stuff. But you also get times when the ball is loose, your players think they have possesion and start bursting forward, only for the opposition to pick up the loose ball up, and your players all start sprinting back as if possesion was actually lost.

Also I noticed that sometimes players ignore the ball that is right next to them, and let the opposition take the ball.

Backpass headers also. Often guys head the ball back, your team all jog up the pitch, but the opposition are clearly in on goal.

So the match engine = better?

Better to an extent, I have to say.

This is a quality game. I'm loving every single bit of it. The small things such as transfer round ups are sweet. I was touted to sign Petrov, so I had the media asking me about the speculation, which I like. We have former managers or club favourites singling out players based on their performances. Petrov was pissed that I was talking about his career in public.

I've only been playing for an hour, but I love it so far.

I'm just into October and I've got Gerrard, Pennant, Crouch, Hyypia and Sissoko all out injured, whilst Reina has just come back after getting injured in pre-season.

Anyone seem to be noticing a large amount of own goal's as well? I've just had a look through the last batch of Champion's League results and most of the games have an own goal in them. Same with red cards as well.

I'm just into October and I've got Gerrard, Pennant, Crouch, Hyypia and Sissoko all out injured, whilst Reina has just come back after getting injured in pre-season.

Anyone seem to be noticing a large amount of own goal's as well? I've just had a look through the last batch of Champion's League results and most of the games have an own goal in them. Same with red cards as well.

I love signing players based on their 'funny' names. I started a game as Spurs, and promptly signed Swindon's, Ricky Shakes. Despite having shit stats. Why? Because he plays for Trinidad, plus his name rocks. He scored in pre-season against Auxerre and thus far has picked up 2 goals in the league, in 1 start and 2 sub appearences. Awesome. Fuck Aaron Lennon, Ricky Shakes is where it's at.

Online ranges from £18 to £25 though so their's where you wanna look.

As for red cards, i've not seen many at all in my own matches except for 2 games which each had 2 red cards for the opposition on my Oxford save. Can't say i've seen many own goals either, I had one on my Chelsea game on the 'incomplete' demo but that's it.

Edited by King ROOOOOOOONEY!

I've started a couple of games with the official demo. One with Sheff U which is running fine, but my Chelsea game crashes when trying to update for August 1st! It says each time that it's come across a serious/critical error or something. Well annoying as I'd just signed Owen Hargreaves, Esteban Cambiasso, Luka Modric AND Maxi fucking Rodriguez...

There's some great new additions to this. For example, I (Leeds Utd) just bet Crystal Palace 4-3 in Selhurst Park and got a news report afterwards saying that Jobi McAnuff had complained to the referee after the game that Healy's 45th minute goal was actually offside. You then get the option to watch the goal (which was clearly offside). An hour later, I get a media question asking me about the 'controversial incident'. I said that "these things happen in football" ¬_¬. Beautiful.

Edited by Rage

I got warned for commenting on a penalty. I said I thought I should've had it, turns out the challenge was legit.

Suppose that's what you get for turning highlights off.

I also really like the whole tutor/tutee thing. I have Kalou learning from Ballack at the minute, and both of them are playing awesomely as a result of it. Usually get 10's or 9's off both. Ballack also did the awesome of scoring two from a defensive midfield position. >_>