What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Crow: City of Angels: 5/10

The gobshyte acting by nearly all of the main characters (except Sarah, Mia Kirschner is awesome) really knocks it down.

Nobody beats Brandon Lee anyway, shame about what happened to the guy. The Crow is one of my Top 15 movies.

0767802659.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Starship Troopers 7/10

Never saw the sequel to it, which is actually a PREQUEL...although it's called "Starship Troopers 2"...

I enjoy the first one, though, because it's supposed to be a serious movie, but the also through in certain comedic references galor (Boot camp, the News Net)

I love the Sci-Fi that Paul Veerhoven does...there's just something about them that hooks me, that I can watch again and again...

Edited by themick

B00008PC2O.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 8.5/10 or (***1/2) As the first true innovation of special effects, this film influenced future creations like The Matrix and Independence Day. However, the other things to take notice in T2 is the immersive story which really gets you into this fight the save the world and yet does not feel cliche like most save the world movies would be about. Cameron knows how to direct a great shot and there are plenty of shots that look amazing and not even just on the special effects end of things, either. Cameron also gets the best out of the cast, which arguably isn't too great, but still deliver solid performances in the film nonetheless. In any case, T2 is everything a sci-fi flick needs to be: a flick with a great story, awesome effects, and good performances. It's no wonder why this flick is admired as truly a benchmark of its time.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

B00022PZ2Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Ron White: They Call Me Tater Salad - 8/10 or (***) Sure, technically it's not a movie, but it is funny as hell as clever comedy mixes with stuff that's crude yet quite funny (read: masturbating dogs). It all proves to be a great mix for this Blue Collar comic who is actually a lot better than the comics he teams up with.

B0002DKCMG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Eurotrip - 6/10 or (**1/2) Eurotrip proves to be an effort that while very much up the alley of cliche, it also is funny enough to redeem its own meh plot.

B00062IDO2.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Blue Collar Comedy Tour Rides Again - 6.5/10 or (**1/2) Wow, the first 20 minutes of this movie are pretty unfunny. (Engvall's entire bit) Then, the next 30 has practically already been seen. (White's bit) Then the next 25 are ok at best. (Foxworthy's bit) Then the last 45 redeems it all (Larry's ok bit and the hilarious "I believe" number). So, I was considerably satisfied, though, not as much as I was with viewing one of the first movie.

On a different note, Comedy Central's roast of Jeff Foxworthy looks like it will be great.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

As you can see, I have been watching these mod movies. Every since I started getting into the Sopranos (this past few months they have been showing five episodes a month on Comcast On Demand, I am up to season four now), I have been interested in watching these movies. I wanted to see what the big deal was.

The Godfather - ****

The Godfather Part II - **** 1/4

Goodfellas - **** 1/2

I am probably the only one who thought the second Godfather was better than the original. I don't know. I just thought it was slightly better. Still, **** is great no matter how you look at it.

Now, are their any other good mob movies? I plan to see The Godfather Part III sometime soon, but besides that, is their anything else I should look into seeing?

Wicker Park - 6/10

I don't know why I decided to rent this movie but it was a strange one. I kind of had the movie figured out from the start but it was still a decent flick.

Fitzy: Everyone thinks The Godfather II is better than The Godfather, at least that I know.

THE LAST SAMURAI

The second time I've seen it and I got even more out of it this time around.

Cruise is fantastic, continuing his run of great movies (Collateral, Last Samurai, Minority Report, Vanilla Sky, Magnolia) and proves he picks his roles carefully.

Watanabe is brilliant as the Samurai leader and plays it with subtlety and class.

The sets are wonderful, the look and feel are great and the ending heart-wrenching in it's lack of heart.

Overall 8/10

The Grudge

I came into this film expecting good things but I was served a helping "The Ring" it did have a few jumpy moments but with the effects almost similar to The Ring , the movie on a whole just felt awkward

SCORE = 4/10

Waiting for Guffman - 6.5/10

Pretty disappointing since I'm a big fan of Christopher Guest's work. There's a lot of funny bits here, but it never comes together as a satire like Spinal Tap, Best in Show, and A Mighty Wind do.

hitch_bigearly.jpg

6.5/10

It was good. nice Valentines Day flick, but worth a rental. :)