What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

1 hour ago, El TiBrandon Nimmo said:

I saw Us tonight. I thought it was fantastic. I would recommend seeing it.

The trailers look fantastic and scary AF

• Like 1

Watched all 3 parts of Leaving Neverland yesterday; controversial sure, but it was definitely interesting with a lot of primary sources that I presume have never been seen or heard. I'd give it a strong 8/10

We also watched Life of the Party and it wasn't ground breaking but it was a cute, funny film that definitely lightened the room after Leaving Neverland. Melissa McCarthy does a good job with these kinds of movies. 7/10

I was looking for something to watch and flicked through Netflix and in my recommended it had a couple of Korean and Japanese series. One was called Bridal Mask, so I watched the first episode on the train to work and so far so good, definitely has me wanting to watch more. It’s very Korean, and that’s a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Hulu's I'm Just F*cking With You and while the description of the movie definitely isn't that accurate, it was pretty well acted and was a good time. I rated it a 6 out of 10. (Though my wife rated it a 2 lol)

The missus went along to see Captain Marvel with a friend on Friday, and it just so happened that Us was showing on another screen around the same time so I tagged along and saw that instead. 

I enjoyed it. I think I still prefer Get Out, but that's two really solid movies from Jordan Peele. 

Down a Dark Hall started off really good and had an interesting premise but the script just loses its way like half way through and doesn't ever recover. AnnaSophia Robb and Uma Thurman and the others do an ok acting job but they couldn't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t here

I give it a 5 out of 10.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Heading into Cardiff today and might end up watching Fighting With My Family. Any good? Reviews seem quite positive so far.

Just look out for Naitch's cameo, as played by Amanda Barrie.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Crazy Rich Asians and came in with no expectations really and wow it was a really nice movie, enjoyed it a lot. We gave it an 8 out of 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfriended: Dark Web.

Total shit, and a waste of my time. The first movie at least had an interesting twist. The sequel is just torture/snuff pr0n. 

I could have been watching new episodes of Lucifer on Netflix, instead.

Watched a bunch of movies this last week/weekend:

• Ocean's 8: 7/10, it was fun, most of the cast did really good, what honestly kept it from going higher was Sandra Bullock as a lead, she doesn't have the cool factor that Clooney/Pitt have for the leading parts of Ocean's 11; Cate Blanchett did good with her part but Bullock was a drag
  • Insidious: Last Key: I think we gave it a 5/10, it was decent like the rest of the series but I always get disappointed with Insidious because it never goes deeper; Last Key had a real good opportunity to tell a much more intriguing story and instead it felt like they got a bit lazy
  • The Nun: 6/10, I gave it a 7, wife a 5. It was a bit on the nose but I really liked the story - it added that layer of conspiracy to it's aura of terror. A few issues with some of the character's decisions not necessarily matching what their character was portrayed as, but ce la vie
  • The Conjuring 1we settled on a 7/10 for it, overall it was a good, solid movie with a decent cast and a well told story - not sure why we didn't rate it higher. 
  • Case 39: 4/10, if you are ever in charge of a movie that isn't like Bridget Jones Diary 6, please don't cast Renee Zellweger. Maybe she'll be good in the Judy Garland biopic but in most roles, she's just such a downer
17 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Unfriended: Dark Web.

Total shit, and a waste of my time. The first movie at least had an interesting twist. The sequel is just torture/snuff pr0n. 

I could have been watching new episodes of Lucifer on Netflix, instead.

That stinks, I was looking forward to watching it :(

Saw a preview screening of John Wick 3 last night.

It's... fine. It's mostly set up for a 4th film and suffers from being mostly set up and further establishment of the universe. The first 30 mins of John Wick running around New York fighting people is really fun. But it lags a bit in the middle.

It's got all fun John Wick stunts though.