What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

The Way, Way Back started arduously slowly, but wound up a pretty good coming of age story. Sam Rockwell was on great form, and Steve Carell was unexpectedly great in a non-comedy role.

Gotta echo on this one. When I first saw Steve Carrell I never imagined he'd be able to come off like an ass and he did a really good job in this movie.

The Way, Way Back started arduously slowly, but wound up a pretty good coming of age story. Sam Rockwell was on great form, and Steve Carell was unexpectedly great in a non-comedy role.

Yeah, he plays a great smarmy douche type.

Man, Kingsman was so fucking great. Holy shit, what a ride! I love the feeling it had of older James Bond films with its ridiculousness and gadgets (which, of course, was the point) and how ballsy it was in terms of story telling. Great work all round.

• Like 1

I felt that Frank was carried by Fassbender's performance, and it was decent overall but I think it went a bit downhill by the time they reached America. It was hard to like any of the characters, except Frank, by the end, and for a film that tried to be heartfelt and endearing, I guess it missed the point with me. Humour was good though.