(Un)Official Metal Thread

RKOwnage

Also, I've been listening to a few new bands, what do you guys think of them?

Sigh - 7/10

You need to listen to more Sigh, seriously. "Gallows Gallery" is one of the most innovative metal albums of the 21st century, and their other stuff isn't much further behind. How you can arrive at 7/10 for such an excellent band is beyond my comprehension - they are the most accessible "black metal" act out there.

Can anyone reccomend me some new music?, i'm starting to get a little tired of mine just at the moment.

I like the vast majority of commercial Thrash bands (ie. Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Exodus, Tetament etc)

Some more lesser known bands would be cool.

My favourite thrash band is Annihilator. Jeff Waters can really shred. Check out the albums with vocalist Joe Comeau: 'Carnival Diablos' and 'Waking the Fury (as well as 'Double Live Annihilation').

Overkill might also be worth sampling, if you haven't listened to them before.

• 2 weeks later...

I have such a huge man-crush on Mortuus. Every band he touches (Triumphator, Funeral Mist, Marduk) turns to fucking gold and awesome. Been blasting Funeral Mist all day at work and haven't gotten tired of his vocals, he has such a vile growl and horrific screeches when needed. They give me a boner with their greatness :wub:

Now listening to: "Realm Of Plagues" by Funeral Mist off of the "Salvation" album.

Edited by Bushmeister

I "acquired" the new Arch Enemy album, and damn, it's going to replace Wages of Sin as my favorite one from the group as a full album experience. Just make sure if you "acquire" it it's not the one with beeps every few seconds.

Also, quite excited for the 25th of August. 10 Montana Metal bands for 10 bucks at a local bar where I go to school, way to kick off the weekend before I head back to school.

Sigh - 7/10

You need to listen to more Sigh, seriously. "Gallows Gallery" is one of the most innovative metal albums of the 21st century, and their other stuff isn't much further behind. How you can arrive at 7/10 for such an excellent band is beyond my comprehension - they are the most accessible "black metal" act out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Ozzfest this year, most of the bands sucked. I did like this black/thrash metal band from Taiwan, and this other group Lordi were fun. Otherwise the rest of the line up was a snooze fest, other than Ozzy of course.

I've been listening to a lot of thrash lately, shit like Skeletonwitch, Destruction, Venom, Ambulance, and Sodom. Thrash is wonderful stuff, easily my favorite kind of metal.

I know I'm late in this discussion, but it's good to see Sigh getting pimped out, fucking class band, one of the most interesting in metal at the moment, "Black Curse" is fucking genius. Surf Black Metal? Nice.

It may just be me, but there's a touch too much screaming in metal for my liking (at the moment). Would anyone be able to recommend some bands that sing?

Sort of like Disturbed, or to a lesser extent, Killswitch Engage.

Into Eternity has some nice clean vocals, along with some falsettos, growls and screams. And cool solos. What more can you ask for :shifty:

I've just checked out some of their stuff on YouTube and... they are better than I though they'd be. They kind of sound like Dream Theatre if possessed by the devil (slightly less prog). >_>

I was at Ozzfest this year, most of the bands sucked. I did like this black/thrash metal band from Taiwan, and this other group Lordi were fun. Otherwise the rest of the line up was a snooze fest, other than Ozzy of course.

I've been listening to a lot of thrash lately, shit like Skeletonwitch, Destruction, Venom, Ambulance, and Sodom. Thrash is wonderful stuff, easily my favorite kind of metal.

Sigh - 7/10

This is correct, except it should say Imaginary Sonicscape instead of Gallows Gallery. >_>