The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

Yes. Download the update off of the website, put it on your flashdrive under PS3 -> UPDATE, then plug it in at the front of the PS3, go to Systems Update and you then copy the file and install. It's a hell of a lot quicker doing this then updating through your PS3.

It looks like we won't be playing LBP next week. :angry:

SCEE has just confirmed that LittleBigPlanet has slipped because “the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an” in one of the licensed background tracks, but has not supplied a new release date.

The game was previously scheduled for an October 24 release.

VG247 has learned that the game is already at retail in both the UK and other European countries.

Heavy speculation has surrounded a slip this afternoon.

Sony just issued a statement on the matter:

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur’an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

We’ll confirm the new launch date shortly.

It’s unclear at the moment if this means the game is to be completely recalled.

SCEE has just confirmed to VG247 that shipped LittleBigPlanet units are to be recalled on a global level thanks to a licensed track in the game containing two “expressions” from the Qur’an.

It was thought this afternoon that shipped units of the game were to be pulled back in Europe, but the move will be made “worldwide,” Sony’s just told us.

When asked how many units are to be recalled, a SCEE rep said, “We haven’t been given any figures.”

SCEE has made a just made a statement on the issue, saying the game will be delayed as a result of the issue, but hasn’t confirmed a new release date as yet.

Edited by abundant

Ah, PS3Fanboy's initial post about it said it was delayed in Europe but now that I go back and look they've edited it accordingly.

It looks like it's going to be a one week delay for North America.

Oh fucking blow me. I doubt Muslims who actually may play the game are the fanatical kind who will take offense to it.

They're taking the song out not just because it could offend Muslims, but also because they're not suitable for an E rated game. When translated, they mean "Every soul shall have the taste of death" and "All that is on earth will perish". This is LBP Hot Coffee.

Edited by abundant

Right, I'm contemplating getting one next month for Prince of Persia, what's the best version of the console for me? I want it to play old games but I suppose PS2 and PS1 games aren't essential since I have my PS2, I'm likely to put a small soundtrack on the console and I want to utilise the PS3 to PSP connectivity to play PSOne games like FF.

Suggestions? Wouldn't make much difference?

Over here you can only get the 80GB ones new, well, you can get 40GB ones too if they're still in stock, but in most places they're exactly the same price as the 80GB ones, all the same feats except a smaller hard drive, so it's not worth thinking about it, and the 80GB comes with the DualShock as standard too. There are a few deals though around, like one in Game has the 40GB with 2 older games and the new FIFA for £300 IIRC.

You can get 60GB ones still occasionally, most pre-owned. If you want a new one though, you'll have to pay through the ass which isn't worth it IMO. I know they got a few 60GB packages on Play.com.

And I'm in the process of scouting for any deals too :P, but I'll probably end up getting a 80GB and the games seperately from work what with discount and all.

Edited by TheModernWay