The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

In a moment of madness, I created a new account.

So yeah, anyone who has got me as liamcbyrne, delete that (unless me getting rid already does that) and add me as rvdwannabe.

Why did this happen!? Some kind of criminal activity methinks....

EDIT:- And why no update Hamster?

Edited by TheArsenal

There's a new Resistance 2 video out, documenting the struggle with the Chimera.

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?playlist_id=13547

In a moment of madness, I created a new account.

So yeah, anyone who has got me as liamcbyrne, delete that (unless me getting rid already does that) and add me as rvdwannabe.

Added.

EDIT: Also, I want Resistance 2...NOW.

Edited by Baddartyne

If you're buying LittleBigPlanet, here are a few pre-order bonuses:

Amazon.com: The Official “LittleBigPlanet Creator” MiniGuide by Brady Games - This exclusive digital guide is a primer for LittleBIGPlanet’s CREATE tools and provides users with a quick tutorial to begin developing their own levels.”

Gamecrazy: LittleBigPouch - Keep your LBP game safe and protected from the elements with this exclusive burlap pouch. Its so unique and stylish, it would make a SackMother proud.

2735835441_6d138a0178.jpg

Play.com: Exclusive Nariko SackGirl - SackBoy’s beware! Nariko SackGirl has been known to keep other SackBoys (and SackGirls) in check. This exclusive downloadable costume features our favorite heroine on the PS3.

2735648321_37c366006a.jpg

Gamestop/EBGames: Exclusive Kratos SackBoy - Nuff’ said. Yes…the forum rumors were true - but the biggest question remains “why didn’t this guy smile?” Seriously, this is another exclusive downloadable costume that will elevate your SackBoy status to godlike proportions.

2736484334_103ec3b4bf.jpg

I swear to fucking god, if the Leapers and Rollers return in Resistance 2. I am gonna be pissed.

Hmmm, I dunno.

The presence of those two made the game more amazing for me, simply because I shit myself when they appeared out of nowhere. Walking along and then hearing a screeching noise and seeing these rolling things coming towards me was brilliant.

So, did anyone download the demo for The Last Guy? I downloaded it earlier today and it's pretty fun. Describing it makes it sound lame (You run around cities in Japan rounding up townspeople, avoiding zombies and herding the townspeople into Safe Zones) but it's surprisingly very fun.

So, did anyone download the demo for The Last Guy? I downloaded it earlier today and it's pretty fun. Describing it makes it sound lame (You run around cities in Japan rounding up townspeople, avoiding zombies and herding the townspeople into Safe Zones) but it's surprisingly very fun.

Yeah I will be buying it the day it is released. I wasn't going to because it sounds and doesn't look that fun but when you actually play it, it is really fun and addictive.

I swear to fucking god, if the Leapers and Rollers return in Resistance 2. I am gonna be pissed.

Hmmm, I dunno.

The presence of those two made the game more amazing for me, simply because I shit myself when they appeared out of nowhere. Walking along and then hearing a screeching noise and seeing these rolling things coming towards me was brilliant.

I got freaked out and then paused the game for a while. When I realized there was going to be a hoard of them in London, I thought 'fuck it, lets play this online only'.

I wish my connection/PSN/whatever keeps me from playing online would stop hating me. I can, for instance, play with another person in Party Mode on GTAIV just fine but the moment I join a deathmatch I get dropped either a.) in the first minute b.) first five minutes or c.) at the lobby screen.

It makes me sad.

EDIT: Joystiq's Killzone 2 multiplayer hands-on.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/25/joystiq-...-2-multiplayer/

It seems.. amazing.

Edited by Cloudy Remembers Ira Hayes

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/26/rumor-...creen-captures/

CVG has learned from a shadowy "development source" that the next major PS3 firmware update, possibly 2.5, may include the ability to capture screenshots directly from the PS3. "Exactly how this would be done and what you could do with the shots once you've grabbed a piece of the action isn't yet known."

The PS3 already has the ability to save images from games to the hard drive, but they must be specifically programmed into each game. For example, players can save low-res images from Metal Gear Solid 4's camera. They can also save images from replay videos in WipEout HD. Having the ability to take screengrabs whenever will let us immortalize our most cherished gaming moments ... and will certainly make our jobs easier.

If it's true, that would be fucking awesome.

I don't think I'd use it an awful lot, but it'd be a nice option to have I suppose.

Just think of the possibilities, man! You could teabag someone, screenshot, BAM. IT'S ON YOUR HARDDRIVE. ACTION TEABAG SHOT.