The Old Sony Megathread

Mattman

My PS3 is now as good as dead it lets me sign in use the net the store watch videos listen to music but it won't play games just comes up playstation 3 the the little green light goes solid green then the screen just goes black and nothing happens cant't turn it off or anything better yet some dick has thrown the box out with all the books and paperwork stuff.

Version 2.41 any help will be much appreciated.

Mine is currently running through a power adaptor to down power it to Japanese output which is about half that of the UK. So the adaptor runs really really hot. Pads seem to hold their charge much longer (which is a bit freaky) and every now and again the console fans kick into high power mood and freak me out a bit....But ho hum, it's still alive for now :P

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

My PS3 died. It no longer reads any disc of any kind (that I have). I luckily kept my PS2 rather than trading it in, but now I can't play the 8 PS3 games that I have. It's a bitch too, cause it's like 3 months outside of warranty, and it's the 60GB SKU. :(

• Admin
Can someone explain the deal with levels and trophies regarding online profiles? I don't really get what they're about or how to get them...

The trophies are the PS3's version of achievements, and the levels are the PS3 version of your Gamerscore.

Trophies are only available through Super Stardust HD at the moment I believe (where I have 13 out of 17 trophies and am now a Level 2 :) )

Anyone downloaded 2.42 yet?

I'm going to wait until at least tomorrow, due to what happened in 2.40. Lots of sites are advising PS3 users to do this. And the fact that the update solely "improves playback of Playstation 3 and other titles" I'm not really in a rush to get it.

That's ok then. The problem with 2.40 came if it didn't download successfully.

Took me a couple of tries to download it, because my wireless connection cut out a few times, and still I've had no problems.

And how come no EWB bitches want to be my friend?? :(

I do.

Didn't I add you before?

Yay!!! Turns out that I did get an extended warranty for my PS3, and EB is replacing it entirely!!!

The only drawback is that I have to reinstall and update all the games and add the friends again.

Momo you don't have to add all the friends again they will automatically come up when you sign in to the Playstation network.

Other news turns out my PS3 still isn't working properly crashing within 10 minutes gameplay have a replacement coming next week as it is still under the manufacturers warranty.